Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#37325 by nancycmcdonald
Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:30 am
I've just purchased an APC UPS 550. I have my telo between my "modem" (I have an antenna receiving wireless internet signal.) and my wireless router.
Should I plug the phone line that feeds the house phones into the UPS and then run it to the wall jack? Or should I just use it for temporary power supply?
Thank you.
#37401 by oldanbo
Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:55 pm
nancycmcdonald wrote:I've just purchased an APC UPS 550. I have my telo between my "modem" (I have an antenna receiving wireless internet signal.) and my wireless router.
Should I plug the phone line that feeds the house phones into the UPS and then run it to the wall jack? Or should I just use it for temporary power supply?
Thank you.

I seem to recall reading that the filtering that occurs on the ups can cause problems with the original ooma hub. Since the technology used by Telo is Dect6 why not give it a try and post your results? :cool:

If you have power losses as frequently as I do, I would plug the telo and modem into the power supply for sure.

Regards
#37451 by bw1
Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:15 am
nancycmcdonald wrote:
Should I plug the phone line that feeds the house phones into the UPS and then run it to the wall jack?

Do you have the phone lines in your house disconnected from the local phone service (PSTN) at the demarcation box?
If so, then yes, the UPS should reduce the possibility of an electrical surge damaging your Telo.