Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#37119 by bluechalk
Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:21 pm
This evening, I received a call from a number that is on my Personal Blacklist. The number has been on my blacklist for at least a month. The errant call is listed in my log with the red blacklist icon. Why did this happen? The call is:
(607) 777-2022 -- Johnson City NY --Today 07:34 PM -- 1:55
(Today is Sunday Dec 13).
#37346 by bluechalk
Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:18 am
This was a call from a telemarketer. It makes no sense for me to contact them and ask them to make a test call to me. I'm hoping that somebody from ooma can look at their call logs and determine the cause of this failure. If its happening to me, its probably also happening with other customers.
#37358 by Groundhound
Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:47 am
bluechalk wrote:This was a call from a telemarketer. It makes no sense for me to contact them and ask them to make a test call to me. I'm hoping that somebody from ooma can look at their call logs and determine the cause of this failure. If its happening to me, its probably also happening with other customers.

That's not what I was suggesting. The only way you can test it is with a phone you or a friend control, like a cell phone. If you delete and re-add you won't know if it worked unless you get another call from the same number, but that's true no matter what remedy is applied. My test was done to see if there was a general blacklist failure and at least for me there is not.