Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#37110 by tesla2
Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:17 pm
"IMPORTANT: The current Ooma Telo software release only supports one Ooma Telo Handset. We plan to release a software update to support more than one handset before the end of December."

Are you guys for real?

This is the worst product roll-out I have ever seen. My free two months of "Premier" are going to expire before I even get the chance to try out the multi-handset support with 2 lines. I am past my 30 day return window because you keep changing your dates. I think Ooma owes it to me and others who have already registered telos, expecting to have a fully functioning system, to add at least two more months of premier level service to our accounts.
#37131 by Groundhound
Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:48 pm
tesla2 wrote:"IMPORTANT: The current Ooma Telo software release only supports one Ooma Telo Handset. We plan to release a software update to support more than one handset before the end of December."

Are you guys for real?

This is the worst product roll-out I have ever seen. My free two months of "Premier" are going to expire before I even get the chance to try out the multi-handset support with 2 lines. I am past my 30 day return window because you keep changing your dates. I think Ooma owes it to me and others who have already registered telos, expecting to have a fully functioning system, to add at least two more months of premier level service to our accounts.

Not making excuses for Ooma, we all want multiple handset support - but AFAIK all of the listed Premier features (http://www.ooma.com/premier/features) can be tried out with one Telo handset plus any other handset connected to the phone port.
#37133 by tesla2
Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:11 pm
Not making excuses for Ooma, we all want multiple handset support - but AFAIK all of the listed Premier features (http://www.ooma.com/premier/features) can be tried out with one Telo handset plus any other handset connected to the phone port.

I would really like to see that I can use two telo handsets simultaneously, 1 on each line. AFAIK, you need Premier to have the instant second line.
#37142 by Groundhound
Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:44 pm
tesla2 wrote:

I would really like to see that I can use two telo handsets simultaneously, 1 on each line. AFAIK, you need Premier to have the instant second line.

Yes you do need Premier for the instant second line, but it only takes one Telo Handset plus one non-Telo handset to take advantage of the instant second line with Premier. Start a call with one and you can get a second dialtone with the other.
#37158 by tesla2
Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:16 am
Groundhound wrote:Yes you do need Premier for the instant second line, but it only takes one Telo Handset plus one non-Telo handset to take advantage of the instant second line with Premier. Start a call with one and you can get a second dialtone with the other.

I am not concerned with the Telo base. The second line works fine with one Telo handset and another phone plugged into the base. My concern is using two Telo HANDSETS simultaneously, 1 on each line. The only way to see if that will work properly is to have Premier service when multi-handset support is released.
#37161 by Groundhound
Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:09 am
tesla2 wrote:
Groundhound wrote:Yes you do need Premier for the instant second line, but it only takes one Telo Handset plus one non-Telo handset to take advantage of the instant second line with Premier. Start a call with one and you can get a second dialtone with the other.

I am not concerned with the Telo base. The second line works fine with one Telo handset and another phone plugged into the base. My concern is using two Telo HANDSETS simultaneously, 1 on each line. The only way to see if that will work properly is to have Premier service when multi-handset support is released.

OK, its true that you won't know how two Telo Handsets work with or without Premier until you have two Telo Handsets working. If they work properly, they will behave just like one Telo Handset in conjunction with a non-Telo handset does now with respect to Premier. My point was that testing all the features of Premier does not need to wait, you can do it now. Since there are no Premier features that are denied you because you only have one Telo Handset, I doubt that Ooma will extend the Premier free trial as you requested. I would agree that Ooma should extend the return policy for multiple handsets to 30 days past the point where they are supported.