Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#35425 by David Santa Fe
Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:17 pm
Hi,

All calls coming in as UNKNOWN on both OOMA handset and Panasonic 6.0 wireless handsets. Satellite TV caller ID works. Anybody know how to enable the caller ID on Ooma system? Using WALL connection. Thanks.
#35428 by WayneDsr
Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:25 pm
I'm going to assume that you have your ooma integrated with your landline, correct?
And if you do, there is an issue with caller id being stripped when set up this way. I have the same problem.
Ooma says a fix is in the making.

Wayne
#35437 by Lee
Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:15 pm
I had the same problem. I am keeping my old number and am using my landline connected to the telo while the port is taking place. It took three weeks to get mine back but every thing is okay now.
#35569 by Dennis P
Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:00 pm
The bug that Wayne mentions about Caller-ID not being decoded on landlines should be fixed. Are you running 31720?
#36537 by capecodfam
Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:11 pm
I am having this same problem. I do not have a landline.

I was a vonage customer who switched to ooma. Caller ID did work with vonage through the satellite TV and my GE dect 6.0 phones. I have exact same setup with ooma and now caller id only works on the tv.

For what it's worth, I just received my telo and installed a few days ago. I have it behind my router and the phone port is connected to my whole house wiring so each jack is lit up. (I disconnected the phone company's network interface device years ago). I am porting my old number over. However, cid doesn't work no matter if i call my temp number or vonage number (which I have forwarding to my temp number).

I can't figure out why it would work with the satellite and not the phones. Especially, since it did work with vonage.