Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#35312 by ergvancouver
Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:28 am
Hello. I finally had time to get my new Telo set up and working. I used the between-modem-and-router installation. Before, the modem has always indicated a 1000mbps link connection, but now with the Telo in the middle, the modem indicates link connection is 10/100mbps.

My internet connection speed does not seem to be affected, but I want to make sure I am getting the performance I am paying for. Did the ooma slow things down?

Thanks.
Gene
#35317 by ergvancouver
Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:42 am
Thanks. I have done a lot of reading here but have not found what the advantages/disadvantges are with in-front vs behind the router. I did the initial setup with the Telo behind the router, then moved it to the 'recommended' location, in front of the router.

I get more confused by the minute! :)

Gene
#35323 by Groundhound
Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:50 am
ergvancouver wrote:Thanks. I have done a lot of reading here but have not found what the advantages/disadvantges are with in-front vs behind the router. I did the initial setup with the Telo behind the router, then moved it to the 'recommended' location, in front of the router.

I get more confused by the minute! :)

Gene

There are valid reasons for both configurations, but as far as gigabit throughput is concerned it probably does not matter as long as your gigabit router is handling all of your LAN traffic. Of course, if you have some sort of smoking, greater-than-100Mbps Internet connection then you should definitely put the Telo behind your gigabit router.
#35324 by Aveamantium
Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:52 am
Groundhound wrote:Of course, if you have some sort of smoking, greater-than-100Mbps Internet connection then you should definitely put the Telo behind your gigabit router.

Now that would be cool! :cool: