Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#35277 by t4feb
Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:33 am
How do I delete a number on my scout. I have 2 numbers assigned to my scout and want want to remove one of them. I was in my ooma lounge and can not find a way to delete one of the numbers. Thanks in advance
#35279 by murphy
Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:42 am
Move it back to the shared hub.
#35281 by t4feb
Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:07 am
That does not do any good. I still can not delete the number. It only takes it out of the scout. I want to delete the number. Thanks for the reply
#35293 by ntoy
Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:55 am
Hello,

Customers do not have the ability to delete numbers.
In your account, I see that you have annual premiere active and you have purchased a 3rd number.
With premiere active, you are entitled to 2 numbers.

Are your intentions to maintain 2 numbers now?
You are welcome to contact one of our support representatives & they would be able to assist.
#35295 by t4feb
Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:03 am
Yes I intend to keep 2 numbers and I will call support for help on this matter. It would seem to me that since I am paying for this service I should be able to maintain it the way I choose without having to call support. Thanks
#35303 by Aveamantium
Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:13 am
ntoy wrote:Hello,

Customers do not have the ability to delete numbers.
In your account, I see that you have annual premiere active and you have purchased a 3rd number.
With premiere active, you are entitled to 2 numbers.

Are your intentions to maintain 2 numbers now?
You are welcome to contact one of our support representatives & they would be able to assist.

They also charge for this correct? I'm in a similar situation in that I got an Ooma number initially to "test" out the system. After a month I was happy enough to port my normal number in and it became my original number, and the Ooma number became my second number. The second number would normally drop off but I decided to go ahead and order Premier. Because I did this the second number stuck and now I have to pay to remove it :?: I'd like my second number to be local to my family but because I ordered Premier when I did I have to pay additional to get the second number I want. Seems a little backward to me... JMHO...
#35331 by ntoy
Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:22 pm
Hello t4feb,

One reason we do not allow customers to delete numbers is due to the callerid name provisioned for that number. We use a carrier to provision callerid name. If customers were allowed to freely delete numbers & the number went back into the general pool, the callerid name would still contain your name.

Now, moving forward, I could not tell you if customers will have this ability in the future...will have to wait & see.

Hello Aveamantium,

If you want to remove one of your (2) numbers, there is no charge for that. If it is a private number, just make sure to listen to all the vmails associated with that number & then call our support team to delete the number.

The charge would apply if you wanted to change your phone number($11.99 - which provisions callerid name on the number).

For example: Customer has premiere active and wants to change number "2" phone number to 333-333-3333
1. phone number - 111-111-1111
2. phone number - 222-222-2222
#35335 by Aveamantium
Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:33 pm
Thank you ntoy but could you please clarify a little more...

If I call support and delete 222-222-2222
and then go into my.ooma.com and add 333-333-3333 (I would only have two numbers at this point since I deleted the second number) would I be charged then?? This is assuming that I have Premier, which I do.

Thanks!
#35342 by ntoy
Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:46 pm
Hello Aveamantium,

Yes, I'll try to clarify.
First, it is not common practice for us to delete numbers for customers. We would need to address them on a case by case basis. It would cost us(Ooma) money to provision callerid name for each number.

But, to answer your question, yes -technically you would be able to add a new number with no charge since one of the numbers was deleted from your account.
#35344 by Aveamantium
Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:49 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello Aveamantium,

Yes, I'll try to clarify.
First, it is not common practice for us to delete numbers for customers. We would need to address them on a case by case basis. It would cost us(Ooma) money to provision callerid name for each number.

But, to answer your question, yes -technically you would be able to add a new number with no charge since one of the numbers was deleted from your account.

Makes sense!! Thanks for you help!