Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#35270 by gangstaz
Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:16 am
Hi,

I've Telo with a regular cordless handset (Panasonic) which I plugged it into Telo Phone jack. It works fine.

Here is my question:

If I purchased Premiere service then I would have 2nd line, correct?
If so, how can I make the 2nd line ring on another cordless handset (Uniden)?
of How can I connect another cordless handset(Uniden) to the 2nd line?

Thanks,
#35272 by murphy
Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:07 am
gangstaz wrote:Hi,

I've Telo with a regular cordless handset (Panasonic) which I plugged it into Telo Phone jack. It works fine.

Here is my question:

If I purchased Premiere service then I would have 2nd line, correct?
If so, how can I make the 2nd line ring on another cordless handset (Uniden)?
of How can I connect another cordless handset(Uniden) to the 2nd line?

Thanks,

The instant second line or an actual second number can only be used on a Telo handset. There is no physical connection for a second line. It can only be associated with a Telo handset.
#35461 by murphy
Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:45 am
tigercruise wrote:Why only on the telo handset?????? The primary number works with any handset, so too should the second number. I find this disturbing.

You can make a call using the caller ID information of the second number from the phones connected to the phone jack of the Telo by prefixing the dialed number with **1. If the second number is shared, as opposed to being assigned to a personal device (handset), it will also ring on the phones connected to the phone jack.

Without at least one handset you can't have more than one call active at a time.
#35466 by tigercruise
Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:59 am
Thanks for the reply but I'm still confused. I'm new to Ooma so bear with me. I have the Telo hub. On the hub is a second phone jack. If I add a second phone number will that number ring on the second jack on the Telo? And I must have the Ooma handset, is that correct?

I just want a second number in addition to my primary number. And what is sharing? Does that mean that a call coming in will ring both numbers?

Thanks.
#35468 by murphy
Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:06 am
The second jack (Wall) is used to integrate a standard land line with the Telo. It does not have any other use. The Telo has no physical connection for the second line. It can only be accessed with a Telo handset.
#35473 by murphy
Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:18 am
tigercruise wrote:Oh I see. I don't have a land line so I'm out with respect to the second number - bummer.

The older hub/scout system provided the physical second via the scout.
I also am annoyed that the Telo base doesn't provide access to the second line.