Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#35075 by Zermelo
Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:15 am
Hi all,

I just bought my ooma a few days ago, so far everything is working well. This probably has something to do with a simple setting on my browser, but when i go to the ooma setup page: setup.ooma.com in XP, Vista, or Windows 7 using ie or firefox, while the setup webpage comes up, I see the "ooma Setup" and the "Navigation" boxes, I don't see any information in the larger box to the right of the "Navigation" box except when I click "ports".

However, if I boot up with Ubuntu and use firfox, I see the setup web page fine with all the information displayed in all boxes. ubuntu is running firefox 3.0.15 (which came pre-installed), and windows is running firefox 3.5.5, so I'm assuming it's some setting that has changed by default in the browser, but nothing comes to mind.

Any help is appreciated.

Also, i have a general question. I was listening to a promotion for the Telo, and heard that it has a "much faster processor" than the original HUB. I wanted to know exactly how much faster, and what type of processor is the HUB and Telo running. Thanks.
#35077 by Groundhound
Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:38 am
If you're running Kaspersky anti virus that has been known to block the setup page. There are some missing tags in the frame, <html> & <head>, that cause problems with Chrome, but Firefox 3.5.5 should display it OK.

The Telo runs a duel core 450 MHz processor, which you can read about here: http://www.linuxfordevices.com/c/a/News/Ooma-Telo/ & http://ip-pbx.tmcnet.com/topics/ip-pbx/articles/67299-mindspeed-helps-ooma-telo-deliver-free-quality-phone.htm. I read somewhere that the older Hub's processor is quite a bit less capable, but I can't find that article now.
#35154 by Zermelo
Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:48 pm
If you're running Kaspersky anti virus that has been known to block the setup page.

That was exactly it. I'm running KIS 2010 on the windows Machines. I paused it and the ooma setup page windows came up fine. I'll have to configure KIS to not block those pages. Didn't occur to me that KIS would have a problem with the ooma setup page.

Also, thanks for the links and info on the processors.

Great forum support. Thanks.

P.S. One last thing. I noticed that you can also access the ooma hub through telnet, but it asks for login credentials. As a linux device, I assume the username should be root, but do you or anyone else know the password?

Thanks again.
#35167 by Groundhound
Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:34 am
Zermelo wrote: As a linux device, I assume the username should be root, but do you or anyone else know the password

No, I don't know it.