Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#34531 by lismith
Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:45 am
Today my ooma has been acting very strange. First, my caller ID showed up as a different name and number when I made a call this morning. After calling back (my friend didn't answer the first time because the caller id was different) it displayed my name and number correctly.

Then, as I'm talking on the phone, I start hearing other people's conversations. I don't think they can hear me (they don't respond to me) but I hear them talking, laughing, someone else's phone ringing... it's random, and very strange! The person I'm talking to can't hear them. Anyone else had this problem?
#34537 by southsound
Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:17 am
Might make a good feature for an enhanced Premier service. Reminds me of the days when we used to have party lines and a nosey neighbor who often listened to other conversations. :P

In all seriousness, it sounds like a problem with the "partner" that ooma uses for routing in your area. I would note the time of day and number called. If it was a one time fluke, no problem. But if it happens again, call ooma's tech support number at 888 711-6662 and let them know the details. They can check their logs and if required work with that partner to solve the problem. I have had similar things happen in the past with my cell service and even once with my landline, but never ooma. Keep us posted if it returns.
#34558 by hpepper
Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:23 pm
I had this problem when my landline was disconnected after I canceled my landline service. Apparently they tapped my pair of wires on someone's line. I disconnected the landline at the termination box on the outside of my house and the problem was fixed.