Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#34085 by sundeep607
Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:08 pm
Hello fellow Ooma'ers,

I have recently purchased and installed Ooma with 'Temporary Number' option as I wait for my landline number to be ported. Yeahhhh, throwing AT&T out in few days. I have subscribed to the premier bundle, so number porting was inclulded in that. While activating my Ooma, with the option of Temporary number, the system created my account with the temporary number. Here is what I am trying to figure out:
1. Once the landline is ported, will the temporary number still be available for me to use as a 2nd number?
2. Will the two numbers work on any 2-line home phone or do I need to buy the telo-handset?
3. Which number will be active when I pick-up my non-Telo Single line handset to call? In other words, which is the primary number for me, the temporary number or the ported landline number?
4. Can I change the account to point to my ported landline number or will it stay with temporary number?

Thanks,
Sundeep :)
#34088 by Groundhound
Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:18 pm
1. It should be. That's the way it worked for me.

2. No. You need a Telo Handset to access the Instant Second Line feature on the Telo.

3. Your ported primary number will be the default outbound CID, but you can force the second line number to show on outbound CID by preceding the number with **1

4. When your port is complete your main account login will automatically change to your ported number.