Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#32999 by jmac
Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:10 am
I just received the Hub/Scout combo today and successfully activated/setup after adjusting the Motorola SBG900 setting for the Hub to bypass the firewall. It worked perfectly for the first two calls I made..

My question revolves around the build quality of the HUB. It seems like the interior components (speaker, boards, etc) are not secured at all within the Hub's box. When I tip the box from side to side and front to back, there is a loud rattle indicating that the parts inside are not secure at all (it sounds like a solid brick sound banging each side of the unit). I just wanted to know if this is normal or if this one was damaged in any way during packaging/delivery/etc?? I've never encountered this with any electronic item I've ever purchased. I know it's working perfectly now, but I just want this to hold out for the long-term. Thank you in advance for any insight.
#33008 by daet
Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:35 am
jmac wrote:I just received the Hub/Scout combo today and successfully activated/setup after adjusting the Motorola SBG900 setting for the Hub to bypass the firewall. It worked perfectly for the first two calls I made..

My question revolves around the build quality of the HUB. It seems like the interior components (speaker, boards, etc) are not secured at all within the Hub's box. When I tip the box from side to side and front to back, there is a loud rattle indicating that the parts inside are not secure at all (it sounds like a solid brick sound banging each side of the unit). I just wanted to know if this is normal or if this one was damaged in any way during packaging/delivery/etc?? I've never encountered this with any electronic item I've ever purchased. I know it's working perfectly now, but I just want this to hold out for the long-term. Thank you in advance for any insight.

This is not normal.

DG
#33030 by jmac
Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:24 am
Hi Wayne - Thank you for your response. Yes, I just purchased it new from Amazon. I know I probably shouldn't be concerned about this, but I just want it last for a long time and take care of any possible issue during the warranty/return period. Thanks, Lisa
#33032 by WayneDsr
Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:27 am
jmac wrote:Hi Wayne - Thank you for your response. Yes, I just purchased it new from Amazon. I know I probably shouldn't be concerned about this, but I just want it last for a long time and take care of any possible issue during the warranty/return period. Thanks, Lisa

I would contact Amazon and get a replacement. It could have gotten broken during the shipment. You don't want a broken one!

Wayne