Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#32796 by jwilock
Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:29 pm
OK. I know this is strange, and I thought the problem was on the other end until both my wife and daughter noted the same problem. Here it is ... we call someone who does not answer. When their voicemail picks up it almost immediately says "Please enter your password". It doesn't happen all the time. But has happened to several different numbers we've called. Not a big enough sample to say what it is and what it is not, but we know it has happened when we have called out of our area code to businesses. Maybe they all have the same kind of corporate voice mail?? Don't know. Very weird. Anyone have any ideas? Right now we can only call those numbers from our cell phones because when we use Ooma, we never get a chance to leave them a message.
#32798 by murphy
Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:30 pm
Turn off the connection tone in your my ooma account.
#32854 by Leeway
Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:39 pm
call yourself on another phone if you can. For example, call yourself on your cellphone.

If you have disabled the ooma sound, you won't hear the musical tones that sound just like the tones you hear when you pick up your phone to call someone.

what you have disabled, is that the person you were calling would hear that same sound before you started to chat.

No, you did not have to reboot. It takes a minute or so for the change to happen. But, if you did reboot, there is no harm in that either.

Donna
#33718 by Rochacha
Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:19 pm
Just prior to reading this post, I had a similar problem and coincidentally solved it by turning off the tone upon answer. I had suspected that the tone was somehow triggering the password request. After turning of the feature, the problem ceased.

When I read this post, I was sort of proud of myself for having figured it out earlier. But, there is still a mystery here for me . . . only AT&T cell phones were affected! No other cells and no other 'land lines'. Any clues?
#33740 by Leeway
Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:40 pm
Rochacha wrote:Just prior to reading this post, I had a similar problem and coincidentally solved it by turning off the tone upon answer. I had suspected that the tone was somehow triggering the password request. After turning of the feature, the problem ceased.

When I read this post, I was sort of proud of myself for having figured it out earlier. But, there is still a mystery here for me . . . only AT&T cell phones were affected! No other cells and no other 'land lines'. Any clues?

I don't have a clue why it was only AT&T phones unless it is their 'sly' way of getting you to come back and pay phone bills to them. :!: :!:

Personally, I have my ooma tone off also because it confused the heck out of the people I was calling. But, in truth, I do think it is a cute way for ooma to advertise without advertising. Everyone you calls says "what's that music I hear which leads you to an explanation and curiosity on their part.

And a round of applause goes to you for figuring it out before finding a clue. Welcome aboard and enjoy your ooma system.

Donna