Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#32550 by T Williams
Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:12 pm
I'm a new Ooma customer, I bought a Hub and Scout last week. I like Ooma so far. I've started the port on my Verizon home phone service, and would like to port another number. This other number is currently set up as a remote call forward (RCF) number. I currently have it forwarded to my cell phone. Can this RCF number be ported in a regular fashion, or will I have to have it "installed" by Verizon first? Has anyone else done this?
#32823 by tommies
Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:01 pm
This is the first time I see this feature(RCF), however, I think the porting process will be no different. If you want to make sure, just add a note on the LOA email/fax cover page when you sending the LOA. In addition the feature is listed on the monthly bill, isn't it?

Good luck and welcome to ooma
#32834 by feartheturtle
Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:27 pm
Your question about the Verizon feature (RCF) reminded me of another "ring feature" that people have discussed porting from Verizon. Check out the last two posts in this thread - - - > http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1176&p

It might be wise to call Verizon CS and try to get an honest answer. Is it possible that the second number (RCF feature) could disappear once your primary number has been ported?
#32859 by T Williams
Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:18 pm
The RCF number has it's own bill, and it's the only number on the bill. Nowhere in the bill is the word "feature". ;) Since it's not associated with a POTS line, I don't have to worry about loosing it when I port, like a distinctive ring number. Based on the input I've gotten from the two of you, I'll go ahead and try the port. I'll make a note on the LOA about the RCF. I'll get back and let you know how it turns out. Thank You.