Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#31458 by TechNoid665
Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:29 am
I just purchased and setup the Ooma Hub. I am also on the 60 day Premier trial. It is unclear whether Call Screening will remain after the premier trial ends.

At this page it clearly indicates that Call Screening is part of the free service.
One-Touch Voicemail access
Screen calls and check messages from anywhere in your house.

https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-hub/features

But at this page it clearly indicates that Call Screening is a feature of Premier:
https://www.ooma.com/premier/features#advanced-voicemail

So I ask any of you with an Ooma Hub, and no premier service, do you have call screening?
Last edited by TechNoid665 on Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
#31460 by jmassimilla
Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:42 am
Call screening is a premier feature. The first post is giving you the capabilities of the hub but you must have premier to take advantage of it. The free service gives you basic voicemail with email notification. You can retrieve voicemail from the hub and the play button will flash to indicate you have voicemail regardless of what tier of service you have.
#31474 by TechNoid665
Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:03 am
jmassimilla wrote:Call screening is a premier feature. The first post is giving you the capabilities of the hub but you must have premier to take advantage of it. The free service gives you basic voicemail with email notification. You can retrieve voicemail from the hub and the play button will flash to indicate you have voicemail regardless of what tier of service you have.

Thank you, but if that is the case this sounds like false advertising to me. It does not say that there is a cost for Call Screening, but further down it does show costs for other features. For example:
Want to keep your phone number?
Just pay a one-time porting fee of $39.99, or enjoy complimentary number porting with an annual subscription to Ooma Premier ($119.99).

Free trial of Ooma Premier
Every Ooma system comes with a free 60-day trial of Ooma Premier. Ooma Premier is $9.99/month or $119.99/year. Sign-up for a year and we'll transfer your number for free ($39.99 value).

I bought this system with the understanding I could screen calls with just the base service.
#31478 by Groundhound
Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:35 am
TechNoid665 wrote:I bought this system with the understanding I could screen calls with just the base service.

Good catch finding the typo in the new website feature list of the Hub, Ooma should correct this. I hope you don't expect Ooma to now give away a feature that - other than that error - has been clearly defined as Premier in the past and present in the Premier feature list? There is good news for you though, Ooma will allow return for full refund within 30 days, and it looks as though you are within the 30 day period - probably the easiest thing to do is just return it to the store.
#31510 by ajw522
Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:21 pm
TechNoid665 wrote:I just purchased and setup the Ooma Hub. I am also on the 60 day Premier trial. It is unclear whether Call Screening will remain after the premier trial ends.

At this page it clearly indicates that Call Screening is part of the free service.
Screen calls and check messages from anywhere in your house.

https://www.ooma.com/products/ooma-hub/features

But at this page it clearly indicates that Call Screening is a feature of Premier:
https://www.ooma.com/premier/features#advanced-voicemail

So I ask any of you with an Ooma Hub, and no premier service, do you have call screening?

Either ooma has fixed it, or you were looking at another page, because now, on the ooma Hub feature list, there is no mention of free call screening.
#31569 by TechNoid665
Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:44 pm
It absolutely was changed today!!! You are correct.. it now reads:
Check messages from anywhere in your house.

LOL.

I'm sure glad I purchased the Ooma Hub under the free Call Screening advertisement!
#31604 by ajw522
Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:56 pm
TechNoid665 wrote:It absolutely was changed today!!! You are correct.. it now reads:
Check messages from anywhere in your house.

LOL.

I'm sure glad I purchased the Ooma Hub under the free Call Screening advertisement!

Ask ooma to get it to you for free - they are usually pretty good with serving their customers, and if it was their mistake the led you to pay $250 to them, they should take care of you and give it to you for free. If CS doesn't help you, PM Dennis P (Dennis Peng, VP of Product Management, Ooma, Inc.)