Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#32146 by feartheturtle
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:16 am
TechNoid665 wrote:
Do you have an ETA on when this may be put into My Ooma? I need to make a decision as whether I should have Ooma customer support disable my call waiting, or if I should wait until that option is put into My Ooma.

Thank you very much.

Bobby:
As TechNoid665 asked a few days ago - do you have an ETA on when options for Call Waiting will be made available/changeable from My.Ooma?? This is a serious issue at our house - and one we can live with for a week or two. But if you know this could take several months then I will need to call customer service and have our call waiting disabled.

By the way - what will happen if we disable Call Waiting through a call to customer service? Will a caller hear a busy signal or will they be directed to voice mail?

Thanks.
#37322 by hpepper
Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:56 am
sakee wrote:how long does it typically take to get a reply? I sent an email to support as well with no response
would really like to have an answer to this

I too would like that feature on my.ooma.com.

I don't think CS knows when they will have the option available on my.ooma.com.

I read one of the Ooma moderators indicated it would be coming in a future release - They will post when it is working as well as many users posting about it.

You could try to PM one of the moderators to find out if they know when it will be available.
#40445 by Mike-o-Matic
Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:39 am
hpepper wrote:I agree with you - when I am on a call with someone and they tell me just a minute and put me on hold to get a call waiting call [...snip...]
Ugh! I just know what you mean. My one sister (whom I dearly love, mind you) does this to me VERY regularly. It's obnoxious and annoying!

It's a lot like when you're in a business speaking face-to-face with an employee... and they blow you off to take an extended phone call. YARRGH!! They should defer to the person who took the time and effort to actually visit their establishment. A thoughtful person would at least tell the caller, "I'm with a customer, can I follow up with you shortly?" It's crazy!!
#60291 by MartyxB
Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:20 pm
bananne wrote:I have asked Ooma to add a feature to disable call waiting several times over the past 3 years and have gotten nowhere. It's good to hear that Ooma is FINALLY working on this.

I started this thread in Nov 2009, nothing yet. I finally called Ooma for them to do it manually - they couldn't. I am now left in a wierd state. If I am on a call and someone calls me (1) I don't hear the call waiting tones (good), (2) they hear the phone ringing, not a busy signal that I requested (bad) (3) if they wait log enough they get my voice mail greetng (bad since I wanted voice mail disabled) (4) they can leave a voicemail message (bad) (5) I do not get an indication that there is a voice mail waiting on my Ooma (bad) (6) I do get an email message that there is a new voicemail and now have to go online to hear it and delete it.

Why is it so difficult to get what was the standard for many many years i.e. IF I AM ON THE PHONE AND A CALL COMES IT THAT PERSON SHOULD GET A BUSY SIGNAL!

I had Vonage before and if I disabled call waiting and disabled voicemail then this is exactly what happened.
#60310 by nn5i
Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:05 am
Bobby B wrote:I think Ooma support can disable it (you can send them an email or give them a call) - but it's a manual process and can take a couple days to process. We're planning to expose the option in My Ooma in the future.

I don't like it either. I called Tech Support and asked about it. I was told they could turn it off, but if they did that they couldn't ever turn it on again. "Fine with me," I said, "turn it off."

To the best of my knowledge they did it in a day or so and I've never been interrupted since. I get very few incoming calls anyway, though, so it's not conclusive evidence.
#60311 by MartyxB
Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:12 am
nn5i wrote:
Bobby B wrote:I think Ooma support can disable it (you can send them an email or give them a call) - but it's a manual process and can take a couple days to process. We're planning to expose the option in My Ooma in the future.

I don't like it either. I called Tech Support and asked about it. I was told they could turn it off, but if they did that they couldn't ever turn it on again. "Fine with me," I said, "turn it off."

To the best of my knowledge they did it in a day or so and I've never been interrupted since. I get very few incoming calls anyway, though, so it's not conclusive evidence.

Let me understand, if someone calls you and you are on the line they will get a busy signal?