What is this mysterious $4.99 charge to my credit card???

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jrruss

What is this mysterious $4.99 charge to my credit card???

Post by jrruss » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:56 am

I received a $4.99 OOMA charge on my credit card dated 10/31/2009 and have no clue what this charge might be. I enabled my service at the end of April this year and also purchased a 1 year extension of the free 6 month subscription to OOMA premium that was part of the package from Costco.

Does anyone know what this charge is and why I would not receive some sort of notice or invoice of this charge? Frankly, I'm a bit pi$$ed that I am being charge anything additional as I originally subscribed to to this service due to the "no additional charge" marketing hype. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

ntoy

Re: What is this mysterious $4.99 charge to my credit card???

Post by ntoy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:13 am

Hello,

Your account currently shows 3 numbers. With annual premiere active, 2 phone numbers are included. Starting with the 3rd number or additional ones would cost $4.99 per number per month.

jrruss

Post by jrruss » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:26 am

Thanks for clearing that up... I have my tail tucked between my legs as I forgot about the 3rd number we have... :o

jrruss

Post by jrruss » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:29 am

I might add that no where on the OOMA account page does it provide a breakdown of any charges or credits, be it anuual or monthly. Had that information been apparent, I wouldn't have reached out this way. Maybe this should be a request for a more robust and informative account information. Thanks again.

allo

Post by allo » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Last edited by allo on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:33 pm

A very valid request - we'll at least try to get e-mail invoicing turned on. I'll check where we are on that.
jrruss wrote:I might add that no where on the OOMA account page does it provide a breakdown of any charges or credits, be it anuual or monthly. Had that information been apparent, I wouldn't have reached out this way. Maybe this should be a request for a more robust and informative account information. Thanks again.
Bobby B