Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#32402 by egutin
Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:38 am
I had about 1/2 hour on the phone last night with Tier 3 tech support. During the call, Mr. Huynh ran number of remote tests on my connection speed while we spoke over the Telo. The tests were:

A - Telo> Telo call
B - Landilne> Telo call

In both cases, there were no lost packets reported by my Telo.

Mr. Huynh has told me that he will continue to explore the issue, and call me when he has some answers.

Thank you again to Tami Bhaumik for escalating my problem.
#32724 by dbs
Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:51 pm
I have spoken to at least 8 different techs at the ooma help center and like you stated, none of them were helpful. I have been without ooma service for 25 days. Were you able to speak with a technician whose primary language was english?
#39143 by jcarcopo
Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:25 am
egutin wrote:Thank you for your responses and the idea about the modem.

However, if this is about the router not assigning an ip address, then wouldn't the Ooma insignia be lit up red, instead of the entire unit becoming unresponsive with "1" lit red and the play button pulsing red? Does the lack of being assigned an IP crash the Ooma?

Part of the confusion/frustration is that, if the Ooma is indeed telling me something specific about an error, it is not doing so in any way that is described by the documentation.

I too have had the Telo base lock up. I have had line 1 and line 2 red and the play button flashing. I attempted to check my voicemail from my telo handset and the handset locked up (comical that my handset locked up, or needed a reboot). I could not get the handset to DO ANYTHING. I pull the battery and replaced it. The phone was unable to reconnect to the telo base. I checked the telo base and both lines should red and a flashing play button.

I had to reboot the telo and the handset once more to get it working.

I have had my telo reconnect automatically when the network glitches with no issue.

I have had my handset lock up several times. I have had the Telo base station only lock up a couple of times. Both times related to the handset locking up and becoming unresponsive.
#39353 by amoney
Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:35 pm
egutin wrote:Thank you again to forum members for your suggestions. Responses to the two most recent below:

Groundhound - I did not get a chance to check on the tunnel status before restarting the unit last night, but right now it is connected. If it goes down before I have spoken with tech support, I will check again.

dsegel - The main reason I do not just return this Telo and get another is that it is not yet clear whether the problem is the unit or my internet connection. If it is the latter, I would prefer to know before returning this Telo and buying another one only to have the same thing happen again.

That having been said, my suspicion is the former given the uniqueness of the way the unit has been crashing. I am hoping that tech support has some way of knowing/testing whether or not the unit is defective.

Thank you again.

With a issue such as this, the best way and most likely solution is get a replacement ASAP. I also recomend a UPS (battery backup) for electronics such as computer/network equipment to eliminate pesky power issues throwing devices off.

In this day in age particularly with poor customer support, you have to take the bull by the horns.

Note I found it humurous too hear the tech support say there is a firewall because the Ooma can not contact the servers. I get a similar all the time at work just as if all of a sudden things that were previously working jus fine now all of a sudden stop working becuase of something majically changing, that in reality cant.

In that case if you want to pursue support, open a new ticket and try to get someone else to troubleshoot. But like I said it would have been better to get a replacement.

If Ooma wants to keep its operating cost low for support, then ooma better ramp up there device replacement policy ( and nix the elaborate packaging down to a brown box).