Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#30865 by 5124250782
Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:39 am
Hi, we have 2 distinct phone numbers at our house. I pay the cable company $39 for one number and $29 for the second number. I still want 2 distinct numbers. Can I do this with one ooma system? If so, how? Also, will I be able to tell the difference in rings if they come through the same system?

Thanks!
#30867 by murphy
Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:55 am
It can be done with an ooma hub and scout plus purchasing Premium at a cost of $99 per year until 12/31 (it goes to $119 next year) if you need both lines to be fed into your house wiring.

It can be done with a Telo and a handset (not yet available) plus purchasing Premium at a cost of $99 per year until 12/31 (it goes to $119 next year) if only feeding one line into your house wiring is acceptable. The second number is accessed from the handset (up to 4 per Telo). There is also a $12 per year charge which goes to the FCC that starts in the second year.
#30879 by Leeway
Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:40 am
Let me just add to this by saying that you will be able to set distinctive rings for each number so they ring differently for you.
#32306 by davidwillis
Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:50 pm
I would like to do this too. I just bought the telo, and was planning on getting the year of premium so I can get the free handset. But I don't see how to get the year, or how to add a new phone number. I already have 60 days of free service with the purchase.

also, I would like to have a separate answering message on for each line.

thanks
david
#32322 by murphy
Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:32 pm
davidwillis wrote:I would like to do this too. I just bought the telo, and was planning on getting the year of premium so I can get the free handset. But I don't see how to get the year, or how to add a new phone number. I already have 60 days of free service with the purchase.

also, I would like to have a separate answering message on for each line.

thanks
david

You will have to specify a handset as a private device and then attach the second line to it to be able to have a separate answering message for the second number.