Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#8796 by gpadick
Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:08 pm
I noticed too that my TV no longer shows Caller-ID. I too have DishNetwork. From the wall, I have a splitter with one rj45 going to the back of my DVR and the other to the wall connection in the back of a Scout. I set the prefix to *99 as suggested by a user on this forum and still no worky.

Can someone give me some help please?

Thanks.
#8804 by WayneDsr
Fri May 01, 2009 3:53 am
In order for that to work, you must put the splitter on the PHONE port on the rear of the hub.
One side of the splitter goes to your phone and the other side goes to your wall jack. This way ooma phone service is on the entire house. Your caller ID should work now.

Wayne

EDIT: As I read your post, I see that you may have been connecting directly to your hub. If that's the case just connect the DVR to a splitter connected to the PHONE port, not the WALL port.
#8922 by gpadick
Sat May 02, 2009 3:23 pm
Thanks Wayne for your help. I made those changes and I have a blue light and can dial out.

I am still not getting caller-id's showing up.

When I select Menu/6/3 and click on "Connection", I get the following msg. "A problem with your modem has been detected. Call DishNetwork support which I did and a technician will be out Sunday between 8 & noon for free to try to get it working.

When I click on "Dial Out", I get "No dial out pending".

Weird.

I will let you know what the technician does to get this problem fixed.
#8923 by WayneDsr
Sat May 02, 2009 3:41 pm
Can you connect the DVR directly to the PHONE jack on the ooma hub?
Is it close enough to do so?

I would be curious to see if it worked then.

Wayne
#8926 by gpadick
Sat May 02, 2009 4:04 pm
WayneDsr wrote:Can you connect the DVR directly to the PHONE jack on the ooma hub?
Is it close enough to do so?

I would be curious to see if it worked then.

Wayne

The ooma hub is in another room upstairs. Not able to get there. But I was able to get it all working!

As you suggested, I put the splitter on the back of my Scout and have 1 line going to the back of the DVR and the other to the phone. I have the line from the wall plug on Scout going to the phone jack on the wall.

I selected "no prefix" in the menu/installation/phone system dialog box.

I then powered the DVR off and on and it is working fine now. The call is being logged into the lounge and showing up on the TV screen.

Thanks for your input!

Much appreciated.