Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#34465 by terrapotens
Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:22 pm
OOMA have a great product, and I hope they succeed but like some others in this forum the whole porting process can very frustrating , partly due to uninformed representatives of OOMA who do not seem to know what exactly needs to be done to port my # in light of my particular case which is not that unusual
Ok I have service with Verizon, DSL shared phone line service, ok so I need to dry run the DSL and that’s it !! ok why can’t OOMA request to have the # ported in once that’s done the DSL line is automatically reassigned a new # Otherwise I will have to get my DSL service disconnected , have OOMA then request to have the # ported, once that’s done I will then have to order new dry loop internet and wait for that to happen, mean time I have no phone service or internet !!!
#35480 by tango21
Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:38 am
Ok port was due to happen today, and I guess it has started since if I call my "number to port" number it says that it has been disconnected, is there a time period between the phone co. disconnecting the # and Ooma integrating the number into their system???
I never read about this happening to anybody here on the forums so I'm a little worried, I don't want to loose my #!!!!
#35485 by Groundhound
Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:32 am
tango21 wrote:Ok port was due to happen today, and I guess it has started since if I call my "number to port" number it says that it has been disconnected, is there a time period between the phone co. disconnecting the # and Ooma integrating the number into their system???
I never read about this happening to anybody here on the forums so I'm a little worried, I don't want to loose my #!!!!

It will take a few hours for the changeover, what you are experiencing is normal.
#35525 by tango21
Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:50 am
Thanks for the response, as I said earlier, I don't recall reading that issue in particular, so it kinda freaked me out.
I can officially say that it is now ported over!!!
I guess the good thing now is to start celebrating for not having to pay AT&T monthly bills any more. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still gotta call AT&T and cancel, or is it automatically done thru the porting process?
#35833 by The Picard
Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 pm
tango21 wrote:Thanks for the response, as I said earlier, I don't recall reading that issue in particular, so it kinda freaked me out.
I can officially say that it is now ported over!!!
I guess the good thing now is to start celebrating for not having to pay AT&T monthly bills any more. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still gotta call AT&T and cancel, or is it automatically done thru the porting process?

I just ported my number from AT&T and the cancellation was automatic. I did call just to double check but there was no problem.