Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#29405 by sniffbert
Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:42 am
I've just installed ooma tela via configuration option 2A (cable modem, then telo, then router, then PC). Phone and basic internet all work perfectly fine. But now I am unable to use software VPN to connect to remote network. This worked previously, before putting telo into the equation. Does telo prevent VPN?

I expect I could configure cable modem, then router, then telo and PC, but I may sacrifice voice quality. Any other ideas?
#29408 by dknyinva
Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:47 am
Can you clarify? I had similar problem where I could not connect to my internal web portal from the Internet. Does this sounds like the problem you're having? My fix was to include the IP of the telo in the DMZ.
#29410 by Groundhound
Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:51 am
sniffbert wrote:I've just installed ooma tela via configuration option 2A (cable modem, then telo, then router, then PC). Phone and basic internet all work perfectly fine. But now I am unable to use software VPN to connect to remote network. This worked previously, before putting telo into the equation. Does telo prevent VPN?

I expect I could configure cable modem, then router, then telo and PC, but I may sacrifice voice quality. Any other ideas?

Go to the Advanced page on http://setup.ooma.com and change your DHCP Configuration to be the same for both Start and End Addresses, 172.27.35.10. Enter this same address in the DMZ line and click Update. Now reboot your router. This will assure that your Ooma Telo always assigns the same IP to your router, and that the router will be in the Telo's DMZ to pass all ports to the router, including those you need for your VPN.
#29413 by sniffbert
Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:57 am
As currently connected, everything except for VPN (to work) works fine (thanks, ooma, now I don't have to work from home :D ). From PC, start work-supplied VPN software. Actually, it appears to connect as the VPN says it is successfully established. Try to run any application through the VPN. Nothing. After a few minutes, the tunnel itself seems to terminate. Possibly a QoS thing?

I'm seeing other solutions coming in too. Man this forum is fast!
#29415 by sniffbert
Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:09 am
Groundhound wrote:
sniffbert wrote:I've just installed ooma tela via configuration option 2A (cable modem, then telo, then router, then PC). Phone and basic internet all work perfectly fine. But now I am unable to use software VPN to connect to remote network. This worked previously, before putting telo into the equation. Does telo prevent VPN?

Go to the Advanced page on http://setup.ooma.com and change your DHCP Configuration to be the same for both Start and End Addresses, 172.27.35.10. Enter this same address in the DMZ line and click Update. Now reboot your router. This will assure that your Ooma Telo always assigns the same IP to your router, and that the router will be in the Telo's DMZ to pass all ports to the router, including those you need for your VPN.

This worked perfectly for me. Thanks a million!