Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#29569 by funone46
Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:01 am
Bobby B wrote:We recently put up an article on provisioning the outbound caller-ID name that may be useful:

https://www.ooma.com/support/knowledgeba ... am-display

If it's been more than several weeks after you've chosen a new number or activated and your caller-ID name is not displaying correctly, then I'd contact Ooma support to check if your caller-ID has been submitted OK. The above article lists some reasons why the caller-ID name may not display properly in some calling area, even after several months.

Also, funone46, I think the support team tried contacting you a couple times today.

Thanks Bobby, I will read the article, I see no incoming calls from ooma though. I will follow up on my end
#29575 by bryanlyle
Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:09 am
Well, I read the article and it's everything that I have heard from Ooma CS before. However, it still doesn't make sense that Verizon (the #1 carrier that we call) hasn't updated their CNAM database in over 8 months.

We've gone this long, but if the system still shows our name as OUT OF AREA for much longer, I'll give CS a call (again).

Thanks for posting that article Bobby. That will help folks understand how the CNAM system works!
#29580 by mezzy316
Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:40 am
While the article gives a good explaination of how cnam works, that doesn't explain why mine is still wrong for everyone. That article implies that it would only show up wrong for carriers that are using an out of date cnam database. I am calling people with all sorts of carriers (AT&T, vonage, tds, etc) and they are all wrong. That to me shows that it is an ooma problem.
#29612 by bryanlyle
Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:20 am
mezzy316 wrote:That to me shows that it is an ooma problem.

Exactly my thinking. My information is wrong for everyone I call regardless of who their phone company is.
#29613 by funone46
Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:23 am
I think OOMA has done their job. When I contacted Targusinfo they had the ID info correct. So it must be the other data bases are not updated. And it is out of OOMA's hands at that point
#29649 by jmassimilla
Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:47 pm
It's still confusing to me as to how this works exactly. I know I complained to CS on 2 different occassions earlier in the year about numbers associated with 2 different hubs (4 numbers altogether) and both times they had them resolved within 48 hours.
#29751 by mezzy316
Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:57 am
I also don't buy the "out of date" databases thing. I ported my number, so even an old database would have the same name and number as it should be now.
#29803 by bryanlyle
Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:34 am
Yeah. I called CS again to open yet another ticket on this.

Said it should be corrected within 7 - 10 business days. Anyone want to take bets? :)
#31177 by jsb
Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:17 pm
Well, Bryan? Is your problem fixed?

Or are we all just getting the runaround from Ooma?????
#31349 by dlong
Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:37 am
Yeah bryanlyle. So far, eight days now. Any news or resolution :?: