Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#28836 by Leeway
Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:21 am
I am confused to say the least. I'm not sure if I have purchased defective cordless Panasonics or if there is some difference between Flash versus call waiting on the same button.

Panasonic Dect 6.0 phones brand new connected to the ooma hub

Chatting on the phone and I get a flash tone

I hit the button that has multiple purpose both Flash/Call waiting & say hello but I am still talking to the same person and not the second incoming call.

I am not able to grab the call with the flash button

The caller hears the ring and then it goes to the answer service. My handset says "missed call" when I set it back down.

I'm not sure if this is ooma or if it is a Panasonic problem. Seems like I would not get the flash tone if something is not working correctly?
#28882 by ntoy
Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:26 am
Hello,

I see that you have 2 accounts. One on Core & the other on premiere. With Core, you should be able to flash over to the 2nd call when you hear the call waiting beep.

If you take the Panasonic base & connect to the Ooma that has premiere & press the flash button, do you see line 1 & line 2 toggle? Are you able to test both lines? And yes, other option is to see if you are able to borrow another phone to try.
#28934 by Leeway
Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:37 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

I see that you have 2 accounts. One on Core & the other on premiere. With Core, you should be able to flash over to the 2nd call when you hear the call waiting beep.

If you take the Panasonic base & connect to the Ooma that has premiere & press the flash button, do you see line 1 & line 2 toggle? Are you able to test both lines? And yes, other option is to see if you are able to borrow another phone to try.

Thank you !! Yes, I have the hub and the new Telo. I took my new Panasonic and plugged it into the Telo I hit the flash key and yes, line one and then line 2 turned orange and back again several times.

Then I had my DIL call me while still connected all to the Telo, while we were connected and talking, she called my Telo with her cell phone. The flash worked like a charm.

I have Premier on the Telo. I do not have Premier on the hub core. What is that telling me?

My new phones either are not compatible with the original hub or else core doesn't include flash??

Thanks again for the advice, Donna
#29497 by Leeway
Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:20 pm
ntoy wrote:Hello,

Just to let you know that premier or not. This was not an Ooma problem. Thanks to WayneD. who found my trouble for me by reading my Panasonic manual and telling me where to change to the correct 700ms. It all works like a charm now. It was setting up the flash to the correct ms.