Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#28768 by franklasvegas
Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:26 pm
Used Hub/Scout for over 1 month - no quality issues.

Using Telo for about 2 weeks.

Have now experienced at least three times being in the middle of an inbound call and the other end suddenly thinks I am on a cell because they are only hearing every other word. In all cases I have hung up - called them back and the call was fine throughout the entire time.

Cable to Telo to Router (LinkSys wireless with built in phone ports for Vonage) is my setup.

Same cordless Panasonic KX-TGA101B system that I used with Vonage (none of this every other word) and with the Hub/Scout with no issues - only since changing to Telo.

Have also noticed in past few days that the humming I was experiencing only during the ringing is now in the conversation sometimes.

Any thoughts? :?:
#28777 by murphy
Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:48 am
I recommend that you get a new router.
Even if you no longer have a Vonage account the router is still connecting to the Vonage servers trying to establish service.
#28863 by Davesworld
Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:00 am
I really doubt that the Telo uses different servers to connect to than his Ooma Hub did. The one way to eliminate the router as a possible culprit is to hook the Telo directly to the modem and see if it still does it but this is a long shot.

Even if the built in Vonage ATA was trying to connect to it's servers, it shouldn't matter anyway, even if connected and idle the built in Vonage ATA would be benign and the router doesn't have a clue what the VPN connection to Ooma actually is. There is nothing to suggest that you can only connect with one ATA to one VOIP at a time on a given network, far from it in fact. You're only limited by a bandwidth to simultaneous calls ratio, in the upload direction unless your connection is symmetrical.

My vote is on the Telo itself as the culprit.
#28866 by franklasvegas
Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:17 am
Thanks for the input.

Dennis P. had answered a post I made on this immediately after going Telo and indicated they were working on it and more than likely nothing to do with the Telo unit. But seems to have gotten worse in the past week.

I had been thinking about a new router as mine is "G" and wanting to move to "N".

Any suggestions out there for you favorite router?
#28867 by hpepper
Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:31 am
franklasvegas wrote:Thanks for the input.

Dennis P. had answered a post I made on this immediately after going Telo and indicated they were working on it and more than likely nothing to do with the Telo unit. But seems to have gotten worse in the past week.

I had been thinking about a new router as mine is "G" and wanting to move to "N".

Any suggestions out there for you favorite router?

I like the Cisco/Linksys N routers. They have a few to choose from.