Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#27854 by gjrice
Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:36 pm
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do next?

I have been wating on my number port from Armstrong Cable since the beginning of July. I have had at least 3 or 4 supposed port dates and all have failed because the oom says the cable company (which holds my #) won't respond to their porting request. I have called my cable provider and they told me that ooma is not making the request through the proper channels (the "new" way) so they won't respond. The cable company then gave me an internet address to give to ooma so they could get the updated forms. I gave the information to ooma, but I am pretty sure they haven't done anything different from their first attempt. Omma simply says "we are doing it the same way as we do for other carriers"

I don't want to start bashing ooma, but I am coming pretty close to it. I am sick of the obvously scripted reponses "I am sorry for your inconvenience", blah blah blah. We have had our phone service through our cable company for the last 4+ years and never had any trouble so I am hesitant to think it is them causing the difficulties.

I am at my wits end!!!!! I bought the ooma to save money, not spend twice as much so I could have both cable phone and ooma. Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
#27895 by Quicksprj
Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:36 pm
Is there any way that you can go to the web address and fill out their firm instead of ooma. If that doesn't work maybe print out the cable company form scan it and email the scan to ooma with a more explaining your cable company requires this paperwork. Just an idea. Don't know if will work.
#27898 by Quicksprj
Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:40 pm
If neither of these suggestions work you may want to scan the documents from cable company and pm either Dennis p or Bobby b, the ooma forum moderators and maybe they can get it to the right people at ooma.
#28092 by gjrice
Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:07 am
The web address the cable company gave me is for a secure website that I can't get into. I will try calling the cable company and explaining the situation again and see if there is anything else they can help me with. I will reply with what I find out.
#29789 by gjrice
Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:25 am
Well, ooma finally did it!! They got my number ported over. It took them almost 4 months, but it is done. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I am finally off to cancel my phone with the cable company. Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.