Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#26707 by Opal
Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:19 pm
ADMINISTRATORS: I looked around and didn't see anything on this, so please forgive me if it's already been covered.

If someone owns the ooma hub, not telo, or buys it now, and hasn't activated it with ooma yet...

Are they still able to activate it now, after 10-01-09 but before 12-31-09, and get the free voice mail and/or the $99 Premier option? Or will they come into the new TOS even though they're not using the new device/Telo?
#26717 by southsound
Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:43 pm
Not an administrator, just another ooma customer. But Bobby B and Dennis P have stated that the ooma core (hub/scout combination packaging) will continue to have free basic voicemail and be exempt from the $12 recapture fee in the future. This is only true of the hub/scout package. Costo and some others have sold a hub only package that falls under the new TOS. So if you can find an ooma core (hub/scout) package at an authorized reseller like Newegg, costco.com, Amazon.com, or others listed on the ooma website (click the buy button for a list) you will be covered by the old TOS.

By the way, I liked your signature "Please help conserve Earth's limited resources by not printing this post unless absolutely necessary. Our heirs thank you!" so much that I printed it poster size, made 200 copies, and will be putting them up wherever I can find a vacant space! :P
#26739 by Opal
Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:06 pm
Okay, not so sure about the printing poster size, but you sure made me laugh!!

Thanks for the info... still hoping an Administrator will responsd just to make sure before I tell family/friends to go shopping... Interesting about the hub-only package vs hub/scout... I would never have thought there'd be a difference.