Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#26397 by franklasvegas
Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:38 am
Installed Telo on 10/08 - all has been OK other than the humming issue in other post.

This morning - pick up phone place call - no dial tone.

Go to other room where Telo is - all Telo lights are dark. Lights on back are lit where network cables connect.

Unplugged power from back of Telo - blue lights cycled - have dial tone again.

Any thoughts on what could have happened? :?:

Thanks!
#26404 by franklasvegas
Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:12 am
No power outage - surge - it is connected to a MASSIVE surge protector and everything else was fine.

Even if a power interruption - I would hope as soon as power restored the Ooma would "reboot" as it would be like unplugging/plugging it back in vs. having to physically unplug and plug back in.

Something to watch for I guess.
#26412 by murphy
Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:23 am
Have you connected to the config page in the Telo and set the Modem port MAC address to use the built in MAC address?
If not, do it now.
If the modem port MAC address changes after it has registered with the cable modem, it will be blocked from accessing the internet.
#26418 by franklasvegas
Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:58 am
Murphy - it was set to automatic - I changed it to Built-In and it said it updated OK.

I will keep an eye on it....

Thank you!
#26476 by just4fn
Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:23 pm
Some of the Telo's were shipped with a loose power plug. check your power plug, it may have come out a little and when you reinstalled it, everthing was fine. If it is loose, I believe Ooma will ship you another. E-mail Dennis P. if this is the case.

Never mind, I didn't see where the lights were lit on back for the cables. Just a note then for anybody interested.
#26550 by Dennis P
Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:45 pm
franklasvegas wrote:Any thoughts on what could have happened? :?:

Not sure...if it happens again, let me know (PM me). If you can, leave it in that state and I'll take a look.

Thanks.
#31179 by franklasvegas
Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:20 pm
Seemed to be an isolated thing. Has not happened since.

I am still dealing with humming and yesterday a series of drops. Drops seems to be on outgoing - not incoming for whatever reason. :?: