Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#27068 by Groundhound
Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:30 pm
Thanks for the clarification, Dennis. This seems equitable to me and keeps the lifetime plan as an attractive option.
#27911 by bluesgene
Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:41 pm
On April 24, 2008 I received an email from ooma containing the following excerpt:

We've also modified our pricing structure to make the basic ooma system more affordable. Our new retail bundle, now priced at $249, includes unlimited US calls and a familiar suite of features: caller-ID, call-waiting, and voicemail. All other enhanced features are part of the ooma Premier package and carry a monthly subscription fee of $12.95.
As an early ooma customer, we've automatically enrolled you in ooma Premier for Life. This means you'll get all the following enhanced features free of charge: . . .

Now, I don't know if there's a difference in the 'Lifetime Premier' being discussed here and my own circumstance in which I received Premier for Life but, the email I received seems to indicate to me that the Premier package is a subscription added to and independant of the system, and that I would not have to worry about ever having to pay for Premier, period.
#27929 by Groundhound
Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:50 pm
bluesgene wrote:On April 24, 2008 I received an email from ooma containing the following excerpt:

We've also modified our pricing structure to make the basic ooma system more affordable. Our new retail bundle, now priced at $249, includes unlimited US calls and a familiar suite of features: caller-ID, call-waiting, and voicemail. All other enhanced features are part of the ooma Premier package and carry a monthly subscription fee of $12.95.
As an early ooma customer, we've automatically enrolled you in ooma Premier for Life. This means you'll get all the following enhanced features free of charge: . . .

Now, I don't know if there's a difference in the 'Lifetime Premier' being discussed here and my own circumstance in which I received Premier for Life but, the email I received seems to indicate to me that the Premier package is a subscription added to and independant of the system, and that I would not have to worry about ever having to pay for Premier, period.

Perhaps you should go back and re-read Dennis P's post earlier in this thread, you can find it here: http://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=26896#p26896. Specifically, read the part quoted below, especially the part in parentheses:
It is tied to the hardware. If your hardware fails after 3 years, we'll be happy to transfer it to another device of the same model. You cannot, however, transfer the plan to a different model of hardware UNLESS explicitly allowed by an upgrade plan (like what we did for Hub owners when we introduced Telo).

So, how have you been wronged?
#27944 by Opal
Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:34 pm
bluesgene,

That looks like something entirely different than the Lifetime Premier they are talking about now. Perhaps, back in April of 2008, certain original ooma members DID receive Premier for Life, not based on hardware but on their account.

Hopefully Dennis Peng or one of the others will reply, if not you should email one of them to ask. Your case is unrelated to the 10-01-2009 changes that are being discussed at this time.

P.S. - Wish I had received that email!! :P
#30619 by fareal
Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:47 am
If I buy a new Telo today and pay for the Lifetime Premier, do I also have to pay annually the new Regulatory Recovery Fee?
#30656 by Groundhound
Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:11 am
For years 2 onward, just like every other monthly or annual Telo Premier customer. The cost of Premier is for the services of Premier, the regulatory fee is separate.
#40171 by The Talker
Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:24 pm
Dennis P wrote:.....
* Users who are currently in a Premier subscription cannot purchase additional years or upgrade to Lifetime today, but will be able to do so in the near future. We will post in the forums when this function is available.

How does this work for those still in their trial period? (Like me!)
#40246 by joeed2
Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:09 am
I don't think Lifetime Premier is available anymore. It ended on 12/31/09. The longest term you can currently buy is annual premier.