Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#25643 by saj070
Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:19 am
I have no problem receiving calls, I habd blue light on ooma tab. my problem is

I can hear a dialing tone but when i dial any number nothing happens ??? i have called ooma support 5 time no luck..

anyone had similar problem or any suggestion please...
#25650 by hpepper
Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:41 am
Some questions:
How is your system setup? ... Are you using the scout?
Do you have a land-line integrated with the Hub?
Have you checked if you have the ten digit dialing option checked and how are you dialing?
Have you ever been able to dial out?

Any other information you can supply would be helpful.
Thanks.
#25652 by saj070
Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:53 am
hpepper wrote:Some questions:
How is your system setup? ... Are you using the scout?
Do you have a land-line integrated with the Hub?
Have you checked if you have the ten digit dialing option checked and how are you dialing?
Have you ever been able to dial out?

Any other information you can supply would be helpful.
Thanks.

Yes i was able to call out beofre it just started 5 dyas ago..

no scout my set up is simple no landline phone hooked up to ooma.

i had 10 digit call enable i don't know if that make a difference so i am going to uncheck it cause every call i make i dial "1"
#25654 by tommies
Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:07 am
Do you happen to have a cell phone? Just call your cell phone from ooma phone and observe what happen:
  • Does your cell phone ring? There is big different in whether the called number ring or not.
  • If your cell phone ring, answer the call from your cell phone to see if the phone connected?

Some time a simple power cylce the hub will solve many problems: just unplug the power cable of the modem,ooma, and router. Wait app. 30-60 seconds and plug in the modem first, and then follow the chain of connection--next device connected to modem, etc.
#25676 by WayneDsr
Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:29 am
Some time a simple power cylce the hub will solve many problems: just unplug the power cable of the modem,ooma, and router. Wait app. 30-60 seconds and plug in the modem first, and then follow the chain of connection--next device connected to modem, etc.

Power Cycle might help, you also may need to try a different phone and/or phone cable.

Wayne