Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#25637 by xceebeex
Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:23 am
I purchased Premiere through the Premiere link last week and I still have not seen an email mentioning anything about the status of porting my number. Is there a glitch where if you don't purchase Premiere through the Number Porting link that it won't go through? Should I call Customer Service at this point? Or does it typically take a few days to get a status email from ooma?

Thanks!
#25647 by tommies
Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:34 am
Purchased Premier service will give you a free number port. However you have to initiate the number porting process. I don't know if you already did it by reading your post.
#25660 by xceebeex
Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:25 am
tommies wrote:Purchased Premier service will give you a free number port. However you have to initiate the number porting process. I don't know if you already did it by reading your post.

How do you "initiate" the process? When I first installed the setup, I stated that I wanted to port my number and then I got a message saying that it will be initiated when I purchase either the $39.99 porting or the $99.99 premiere service. So I purchased the premiere service and I don't see anything anywhere on the site that says intitiate or anything like that. When I click on the Number Porting under add ons it just has the options for me to purchase it, but thats it.
#25689 by xceebeex
Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:35 am
Ok well, I think I got it figured out now. Since I didn't buy the premiere service through the number porting link, I had to go through and purchase the port for $39.99 and then they will refund the charge once the port is complete.

Seems like a strange way to implement it, but I guess I should have purchased the premiere through the number port add on link.
#25702 by tommies
Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:42 am
Blame it on the poor wording of the web pages. Initiate the number porting and purchase the premier service are two differrent processes. If you purchase the premier first, when you initiate the porting, you will see that the fee is waived
I had to go through and purchase the port for $39.99 and then they will refund the charge once the port is complete.
only true if you do the porting first and later buy the premier while still in the trial period.
#25712 by xceebeex
Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:07 pm
tommies wrote:Blame it on the poor wording of the web pages. Initiate the number porting and purchase the premier service are two differrent processes. If you purchase the premier first, when you initiate the porting, you will see that the fee is waived
I had to go through and purchase the port for $39.99 and then they will refund the charge once the port is complete.
only true if you do the porting first and later buy the premier while still in the trial period.

Not true in this case. I bought premiere first and had to go through and purchase the $39.99 number porting for the process to initiate. I had to put in my credit card info and everything. I think the only way it will work if you buy premiere first is if you use the link under the number porting section of the add-ons. When you click on that one, under the premiere radio button it says something like porting is included. Whereas if you go to the Premiere add on section, the radio button for premiere doesn't say porting is included directly.

I contacted customer service in order for this to happen and they are the ones that directed me to charge the number porting and it will be refunded.