Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#25487 by rakesh15
Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:07 pm
Old Ooma V/s Ooma Telo ::

Can some one describe the advantages v/s disadvantages in short
and conclude which one is better and why?

Ooma Telo:

Better voice quality

A little more expensive

Does not need scouts

Will make all house wall phone jacks working and you can use any phone in any house wall jack

Comes with a phone itself

Touch pad buttons

12 dollars of extra mendatory fees

What else features ??
#25504 by southsound
Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:58 pm
Sorry to burst your bubble, but some of your assumptions are just not so. I've added comments below your statements. Please do not take this wrong. I have both the hub/scout package and a Telo. I love both. You need to make your decision based on facts so I thought I'd try to set the record straight.

rakesh15 wrote:Old Ooma V/s Ooma Telo ::

Can some one describe the advantages v/s disadvantages in short
and conclude which one is better and why?

Ooma Telo:

Better voice quality
Only true when making a Telo handset to Telo handset call. The hub and Telo use the same codecs to quality is the same unless it is as I mentioned - Telo handset to Telo handset.

A little more expensive
Depends on what a little is. You can buy a hub/scout for $220 or so. The Telo is about $250 plus the handsets will be $50 each when available. The Telo does not come with a handset

Does not need scouts
Some may say this is NOT a feature if you need access to two hardwired lines. On the hub/scout you can do this easily. It is NOT possible with the Telo. The second line is only available with the proprietary handset

Will make all house wall phone jacks working and you can use any phone in any house wall jack
This is true of the hub as well as the Telo.

Comes with a phone itself
Not currently. The Telo that is selling for $250 does not include the handset. Handsets have not yet started shipping as of this writing.

Touch pad buttons
True - but some like the feel of a real button. The Telo "buttons" are proximity switches.

12 dollars of extra mendatory fees
This is really a nit either way. It is recapture of fees and doesn't even start until year 2.

What else features ??
#26134 by rakesh15
Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:07 am
^^ Thanks for your input and filling me in.

Your post was very informative and helped me a lot.

I feel that ( Conclusion ) it's wise to stay with ooma hub and scout,
as it is good as well as more beneficiary than new Telo.
On the other hand, Ooma telo has nothing new high-tech/ advanced tech. in terms of any extra ordinary sound quality ( disregard telo to telo) or anything extra specific, sound quality wise or other tech point of view.

Folks,
ooma hub and scout with old coverage is fine, IMHO.