Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#25343 by dxt55
Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:40 pm
For the Ooma Core service level, do you have the ability to block outgoing CallerID by default with ability to do per-call unblock? If not, can you do per-call block?

And is it Caller ID Name+Number in both directions?
#25757 by tjchrist
Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:06 pm
Login to my.ooma.com, go to Preferences > Privacy. Here you can choose to block Caller ID by default on outgoing calls. It also give you info on doing per-call (*67). Incoming Caller ID will include name if you have Ooma Premier. I just tested outgoing and I got Caller ID with name. I am still on my Premier trial, not sure though if Premier makes a difference with that.
#31533 by dxt55
Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:38 pm
tjchrist wrote:Login to my.ooma.com, go to Preferences > Privacy. Here you can choose to block Caller ID by default on outgoing calls. It also give you info on doing per-call (*67). Incoming Caller ID will include name if you have Ooma Premier. I just tested outgoing and I got Caller ID with name. I am still on my Premier trial, not sure though if Premier makes a difference with that.

Incoming caller ID should still include name with Ooma Core (hub+scout) level of service, right?
#94350 by ohhma
Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:00 pm
FIRMWARE VERSION 52474.
When I had NEW OOMA, its PRIVACY FEATURE [CALLER ID BLOCKING for outgoing numbers] WORKED 100% that means it was blocking phone number with name too. But SADLY that feature has no meaning now. :( :(
I "enabled" then disabled many times, the box is clicked to BLOCK my ID then also did a hard RESET. But NO WAY!!
My OOMA number goes out right away. Even tried *67 ahead of dialing out number, same results :((

I think this happened with NEW FIRMWARE. Why can't they leave us with very 1st FIRMWARE ! That is NOT the case with PRIMUS modem we have. Now we wonder whether we should switch totally to Ooma from another provider when a very basic small feature is OUT of ORDER! I am sure NO ONE will ever care about this as I am NOT subscribing to PRIMIUM!
Another strange thing which was not in the past: Called my own cell: Goes as withheld
Called a friend other town he told me my number! [This was not the case be4 same number!]
Called another frnd in Toronto he sees my number as Blocked
Called our own home landline: shows our OOMA number rt away [This was not the case be4 same number was called]
So Ooma is doing something with firmwares and its features are screwed up OR working intermittently
#94351 by lbmofo
Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:32 pm
dxt55 wrote:For the Ooma Core service level, do you have the ability to block outgoing CallerID by default with ability to do per-call unblock? If not, can you do per-call block?

And is it Caller ID Name+Number in both directions?

With Core service, you should have these services available to you.
You can block your outgoing callerid by default, enable on per call basis or you can leave enabled by default and disable on per call basis. Take a look at the star codes to do the disable/enable: https://www.ooma.com/app/support/star-co ... oma-device

For incoming calls, you can enable anonymous call block and specify either send to voicemail or blocked message treatment.
#94357 by ohhma
Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:05 am
No response came to my Q.. However looks like OOMA's TECHS did something as I checked this morning by calling our own 2nd line from another provider. Amazingly this morning it went as totally "Anonymous" call without any number.

BUT sadly we re-checked by calling from same 2nd line it clearly shown number :(

Now Ooma should figure it out why is it intermittent?
#94367 by lbmofo
Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:41 am
ohhma wrote:BUT sadly we re-checked by calling from same 2nd line it clearly shown number :(

Now Ooma should figure it out why is it intermittent?

What number is calling what number? Callerid Block is meant to block your Ooma's outgoing callerid. If you call out using Ooma, the receiving party doesn't see your callerid. It works as intended if that's the case.
#111740 by h.liem.n
Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:11 pm
I'm experienced the same problem; i.e., I have checked the Blocking Caller ID outbound calls but my phone# is still shown on the recipient's phone. I tested it with my own cell phone (called from Ooma phone) as well as my friends leaving in Ottawa and Montreal; all can see my phone#.

However, Ooma gave me a # (other than 1-888 number) and they confirmed that my number is blocked???