Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#25058 by richd
Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:25 pm
We have two tickets open and keep hearing someone will call us back in 24 - 72 hours. After a week I called them back and found out the tickets were closed. They reopened and again I heard the 24 - 72 hour call back thing....and again no call back. We are ready to cancel Ooma and go back to Vonage. Ooma is making Vonage support look stellar. At least things get resolved on Vonage.

Yes - we are Premier customers so now I have to worry that if I cancel because service is so crappy that I get my $99 back. Especially since I hear they are changing the terms.
#25059 by southsound
Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:30 pm
I know that some things can only be addressed by ooma, but we have some great people on the forum that can help with a wide variety of issues. If you were to post your problem and configuration maybe we could help.
#25066 by richd
Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:50 pm
Ooma hub will just go offline. Solid red light on the Ooma tab. Try a power cycle and same thing. I have gone through all their hoops - tried 4 different cables, changed where I had in the network, tried it with and without a phone attached. All I keep hearing is that it sounds like the unit is bad and should be replaced...but I wil ahve to be contacted by Ooma engineering and that will happen in 24 to 72 hours. Never get a call.

Also been waiting for 5.5 weeks to get the number ported. Again - I will be contacted in 24 to 72 hours...and nothing.
#25192 by richd
Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:16 am
I feel bad that I had to resort to the forum but I did get contacted by Ooma support today because of the postings and Dennis has taken care of me.
#25205 by Quicksprj
Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:27 am
I also agree support used to be top notch until they sent it overseas. I hope ooma realizes they are going to loose a lot more money in the long run if they keep CS in the phillipines where they don't even know what a computer is and that is no exaggeration. I love my ooma service and also had to have my hub replaced but it was before they switched and it was handled in about 45 minutes after we tried everything togethor on the phone. They sent me a new hub which got here in a couple of days. I'm glad Dennis stepped up and helped you out.
#25210 by richd
Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:45 am
Good to hear that your replacement hub took care of your issue. I am hoping the same on my end.

I agree - outsourcing support looks attractive on paper until you start loosing clients left and right. Before Dennis stepped in, I really did want to just get my $99 back and throw the hub in the garbage. I hope Ooma can figure out how to make the support better especially that they are now charging for phone support. If I had to pay extra to get the support I did - I would have been even more upset.

You are correct - the CS folks are reading off the cards. I can get that support by looking online. By the time I call, I expect to get beyond that and get some resolution or at a bare minimum - a call back within the three days that they tell me (which should be a max of 24 hours if the system is down in my opinion).

Although I am a Premier customer, I sure don't feel like I was getting Premier support before Dennis answered my forum post. It shouldn't take that to get service.

Wife is still asking me why it takes 5 1/2 weeks to get a number ported (which we had to do because Ooma offered no local numbers in our area so we had to port our Vonage number). I agree with her - no reason it should take that long but at least Dennis must have lit a fire to get things moving.

I hope this is the last time I need Ooma CS. The friends I have using Ooma have all had very good luck and love the service but they have never needed customer support.
#25233 by Zindar
Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:08 pm
I needed customer support to
1) change the phone number to new one, which admittedly sounds like a simple question that wouldn't require much brainpower on their end, and
2) I wanted to know if I could install my ooma hub in a different room than where my modem/router was.

Quicksprj wrote:...CS in the phillipines where they don't even know what a computer is and that is no exaggeration.

To answer #2, they need to know more than what a computer is, but also needed to understand how my home network is setup, and also needed to understand other ways of setting up the equipment beyond what the Quickstart setup book explains. In my case, the lady seemed to know off the top of her head exactly how to help me, so at least in my case I had a good customer support experience.
#25304 by richd
Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:01 pm
I am sure there are good and bad CS reps. I know the drill and went through the motions. My biggest gripe was when I kept hearing 24 to 72 hours I would get a call back from the engineering group and it was never happening. They even closed the ticket on me once.
#25313 by Leeway
Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:55 pm
I'd like to jump in here and say count me among those who hate outsourcing of any kind especially out of the USA.

I would also like to say that on these forums you will find the MOST helpful folks you've ever met. Just ask and there is a ton of valuable information and dedicated users that will jump in to help. These are some fun, knowledgeable and super helpful folks. They love to help. I know that first hand. And, they know what they are talking about from experience.

Then you will find when it is possible that either Dennis or Bobby will come to your rescue. But with all that is going on with Ooma and Telo they simply must be overwhelmed. I personally can't believe how many places they turn up to help and get things straightened out. They are like an Ooma army of two where they are trouble shooting as much as they can. I have no idea when either of them sleeps.

Hang in there, you are going to love it when the wrinkles are ironed out. And, you will have joined forums where everyone helps everyone else and sure enough, I'm sure you're going to be right here too having fun and helping others.