Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#1258 by GSCorso
Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:03 pm
For the past two days I have been getting call hang ups in the middle of a conversation. The person I am talking to is cut off and then I immediately get a dial tone. Has this been happening to anyone else?
#2384 by rcacace
Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:36 pm
I've noticed that too. In 1 case it was so bad that I couldn't even leave a 30 second voice message without it hanging up. In another case I had been talking for 30 minutes, but sometimes it'll happen after just a few minutes.
#4836 by cfarkas
Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:07 pm
I have the same trouble. It generally seems to be after 30-40 min, but it can sometimes be after 5 min. Unfortunately, I can't seem to identify the problem. I'm going to call customer support (not terribly optimistic given other peoples' comments though). If I can't get this fixed, then it render this phone useless to me, as I use it for business and it's not very professional to be getting disconnected regularly.

Chris
#4902 by t4feb
Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:27 am
Its called (Dropped Calls) I posted about this same problem. It happens to often it seems. Not even a hint just a dial tone when your talking. I end up calling back and and saying can you hear me now to get a laugh out of it. But it is a problem that needs to be fixed
#4915 by bmice
Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:10 am
I have seen this, but it only happens when the callers are on a cell phone. I did some testing and found this to be an issue with the cell phone side of the call. Just rememer other companies have issues too and if their stuff is a little problematic, the ooma will exploit this.

My father has had some phone issues and when i call him using ooma, his service has issues and does the same thing. Now that his service is happy, so is ooma. He is the only landline i know of this has happened with(he had a new service because of a move).
#4918 by cfarkas
Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:23 am
bmice,

I don't know if you work for Ooma or what. This is definitely not a problem on the end of the person I'm talking to. This happens frequently, and with both land lines and cell phones. While I encounter this problem sometimes in the 5-10 min range (rare), from memory, it seems like it happens to about 95% of calls that reach the 45 min. mark.

And yes, other services have problems. However, hanging up on people in the middle of a call is not a regularly tollerable thing when this used for business.

Chris
#4920 by bmice
Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:55 am
cfarkas wrote:bmice,

I don't know if you work for Ooma or what. This is definitely not a problem on the end of the person I'm talking to. This happens frequently, and with both land lines and cell phones. While I encounter this problem sometimes in the 5-10 min range (rare), from memory, it seems like it happens to about 95% of calls that reach the 45 min. mark.

And yes, other services have problems. However, hanging up on people in the middle of a call is not a regularly tollerable thing when this used for business.

Chris

I dont work for ooma. I am a person who deals with voip issues on my own service. Never said this was normal, just offering some input. When troubleshooting an issue it is necessary to document things and not just to go by memory. We start basic and work from there. I have many of these boxes on my network and they work fine(20% of people have OOMA on our net). There are a lot of factors that can cause issues. I find our network works better than most as we are very small and have a higher quality bandwidth you wont find in most places. I myself with the 2 boxes I use, am at close to 6k minutes a month.

How long have you been using the ooma?
Does this happen on every call? If not, when does it occur?
Have you used a VOIP solution before? If so, whas it on the same ISP?
What is the speed of your connection?
Do you have a scout being used? If you do, try making a call with the scout removed from your configuration.
What steps have you taken so far to remedy this?
Did you port your number? If you did, is it completed? When?