Product shots

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
funstraw

Product shots

Post by funstraw » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:03 pm

Can someone please post some 'hands on' product shots, or unboxing on either flickr or youtube. I'm sorry if this sound graphic but I want to see some butt shots, you know the ports, underneath. Maybe post dimensions and a photo of it next to something to determine the size.

hpepper

Re: Product shots

Post by hpepper » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:52 am

You might find what you are looking for on the FCC site, where they take apart systems and take pictures of them during testing.

ggilman

Post by ggilman » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:23 am

Just saw this: http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2009-10/oom ... -hardware/ Thought it might be of some use to you.

funstraw

Post by funstraw » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:49 pm

Thanks ggilman.

That's some of what I wanted to see, I think I'll hold out though until I learn more about the Telo, like what is that USB port for and what exactly is the phonebook, can it just suck the info off of my computer or do they really think I'm going to manually load up a device with info. Do you remember MCI they offered 5 cents per minute for any number you call then they took those numbers and called all of your relatives and friends and told them "your Uncle Mike has joined us". I'm sure Ooma wouldn't do that, but still the information is coming out on what this thing does very slowly.

Davesworld

Post by Davesworld » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:44 pm

ggilman wrote:Just saw this: http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2009-10/oom ... -hardware/ Thought it might be of some use to you.
Excellent link, thanks!

funstraw

Post by funstraw » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:29 pm

There is a link at the bottom of that page to another page
http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2008-11/oomas-new-hardware/

funstraw

Post by funstraw » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:08 pm

I found these. These are really good.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2055

They where here all along.

Although I think the base unit has changed since these prototype

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:40 pm

If you live near a Best Buy why not go there and touch one yourself? The unit is out. It is shipping. You can read the blog (navigation below) to see what Rich Buchanan says about coming features. This is not a new car or a vacation home. It is a great piece of hardware with a great company backing it up. It should require only a quick cost/benefit comparison to make an informed buying decision. I have both the hub/scout and the Telo. Both are working wonderfully.

And no, I don't work for ooma. Something about the minimum height requirement. Raccoons just aren't tall enough. :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

nrs

Post by nrs » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:43 am

That's a good idea as southsound suggested. I also did the same thing when I was in BB and some one was asking questions about Telo in TV section. Later on he bought one.
Customer since March 2009
Hub/Scout
Telo/2 Handsets
2 Lynxes

Lifetime Premier Member