Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#24066 by vladimir73
Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:59 pm
Hi,
if you are making international calls - check your bill to make sure that the rate is what Ooma advertise.

My parents live in Liepaja, Latvia and I call them every week on their landline phone. According to http://www.ooma.com/products/international-rates Ooma should charge $0.072 per minute, but they charged me $0.31 per minutes as if it was a call to mobile phone. I reported the problem to customer service and they refunded the difference, but when I called again they still was charging me $0.31 per minute. It took me several phone calls to customer service to have them fix the problem. And they actually fixed the problem, for couple months I was charged $.072 per minutes. However, when I tried to call last time I noticed that they will charge $0.31 again. That is not good.

I undestand there could be bugs in the systems, espically when the company is young and growing. But, "reintroducing" such billing errors is not acceptable in my opinion.

If Ooma is still interested in fixing this issue, the phone number I called is 011-371-6-34-432-xx.
#24273 by Dennis P
Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:12 pm
I think we have fixed the root cause of why the rate was reverting for your calling destination. Please let us know if you find any discrepancies in the future. Thanks.
#24275 by Ham
Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:22 pm
I'm also having problems with my calls to Guyana being classified as calls to mobile phones when they are land line phones. And I'm being over charged. I called Ooma customer service and they said that there is nothing they can do. If you are buying Ooma for international calls make sure that you'll get the rates listed. Of course you'll probably have to sign up and call the number to determine what rate they'll charge you.