Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#23713 by byoung210
Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:21 am
I have been using Ooma now for about 6 months. Love the service.

I decided to switch my landline number over to Ooma. So, I submitted a number port request. Shouldn't I have received a temporary number until that number is ported over to Ooma? I only have my primary number showing up in my account. Or do I have to wait for the port to happen before I can use it as a line?

I was hoping to get a temporty number and have the landline forward to the temp number until the port happened. Is there any way I can do this?
#23755 by murphy
Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:17 am
There have been reports of the land line bring forwarded preventing the port from taking place from at least one phone company. At this point I would let it go to completion the way that it is.
#23756 by Groundhound
Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:22 am
byoung210 wrote:I have been using Ooma now for about 6 months. Love the service.

I decided to switch my landline number over to Ooma. So, I submitted a number port request. Shouldn't I have received a temporary number until that number is ported over to Ooma? I only have my primary number showing up in my account. Or do I have to wait for the port to happen before I can use it as a line?

I was hoping to get a temporty number and have the landline forward to the temp number until the port happened. Is there any way I can do this?

If you only have one Ooma number now (your "primary number") and are not a Premier subscriber, unless you make other arrangements with Ooma that number will be replaced by the number you are porting over. If you are a Premier subscriber the ported number will become your primary and the current Ooma-assigned number will be secondary.
#23799 by byoung210
Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:55 pm
Actually, I ported over my primary number when I originally signed up. When I did that, I was assigned a temporary number until the port happened.

So now, my second number is being ported, but I did not receive a temporary number for that line. But from what it sounds like, once the number is ported it will show up along with my current number as assigned numbers. I plan to put the new number I am porting on its own Scout.
#24499 by byoung210
Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:37 pm
Groundhound wrote:
byoung210 wrote:I have been using Ooma now for about 6 months. Love the service.

If you only have one Ooma number now (your "primary number") and are not a Premier subscriber, unless you make other arrangements with Ooma that number will be replaced by the number you are porting over. If you are a Premier subscriber the ported number will become your primary and the current Ooma-assigned number will be secondary.

So it won't replace my current number I ported 6 months ago right. I will have a second line added once the current number port submission goes through? I would hate to have it overwrite my current number. Can you verify?
#24541 by bw1
Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:26 pm
byoung210 wrote:
Groundhound wrote:

So it won't replace my current number I ported 6 months ago right. I will have a second line added once the current number port submission goes through? I would hate to have it overwrite my current number. Can you verify?

Do you have Ooma Premier service?
#24552 by byoung210
Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:46 pm
byoung210 wrote:So it won't replace my current number I ported 6 months ago right. I will have a second line added once the current number port submission goes through? I would hate to have it overwrite my current number. Can you verify?

Do you have Ooma Premier service?[/quote]

Yes. I signed up for the Ooma Premier service when I added the number transfer.
#24573 by bw1
Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:35 pm
byoung210 wrote:
bw1 wrote:

Then it will be added as a second number or replace the second number you've selected with Premier. You can always specify your wishes to the email address you sent the LOA info to.
#24663 by byoung210
Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:41 am
bw1 wrote:
byoung210 wrote:
bw1 wrote:

Then it will be added as a second number or replace the second number you've selected with Premier. You can always specify your wishes to the email address you sent the LOA info to.

So if I create a Ooma assigned number now, I can use it for the secone line and when the number port goes through it will just replace that line I created? If so, that's what I want to do so I can start using Ooma totally and not at all on my last landline.
#24714 by bw1
Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:25 am
byoung210 wrote:
bw1 wrote:
byoung210 wrote:

So if I create a Ooma assigned number now, I can use it for the secone line and when the number port goes through it will just replace that line I created? If so, that's what I want to do so I can start using Ooma totally and not at all on my last landline.

Yes, that should work.