Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#23626 by jgmulligan
Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:32 pm
You provide free porting if one signs up for an annual subscription to premier. I assume the annual subscription must be initiated and paid for at or before the porting request. How then is the 60 day free trial of the Premiere service handled? Is it forfeited?
#23632 by jthphoto
Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:00 pm
My understanding is that whatever is left of your trial period is what your first year Premiere is extended to.
If you have two months left on your trial, then your period is 14 months for the first 'year'
#23647 by murphy
Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:25 am
In other words, your year of Premier begins on the day your free trial of Premier expires as long as you purchase Premier before the free trial expires.
#26296 by jgmulligan
Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:47 pm
A belated thanks.

I have another question. How does the telephone number porting process work in relation to when you can begin using Ooma? Ooma says it takes 3 weeks normally to port a number. If you choose to do this during activation, does that mean you must wait the three weeks 'til your number is ported to use or test Ooma?
#26300 by hpepper
Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:56 pm
No - You can pick a temporary number to use until the porting is complete and either lose the temporary number at porting or keep it as your second line if you subscribe to Premiere.
#26301 by murphy
Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:00 pm
No, you can use it immediately. If you are porting a number, that presumes that you will be canceling the current phone line that the number is attached to. Register the ooma for use without integrating a land line. You will select a temporary phone number to use during the port. You will need at least two phones. One to remain connected to your existing phone service until it goes dead and another to connect to the ooma. Calls from people that know your number will come in on the old line. You can make and receive calls on the temporary number in the interim. Obviously you have to tell people the temporary number for them to call you on it. On the day of the port calls to your old number will get a disconnected message. Later in the day they will start coming in on the ooma. The temporary number can become a second number for the duration of the Premier trial if you wish. Otherwise it goes away at the end of the Premier trial if you don't buy Premier.
#26333 by jgmulligan
Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:59 pm
Thanks much, hpepper and murphy! I can now begin the activation process without worrying about what happens to my phone number.