Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#23606 by dajudem
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:53 pm
I am currently waiting for my number to be ported and am using a landline until it is. Question, once the number is activated will I be able to see the caller id on my caller id phone attached to the hub? I have caller ID with Qwest until Ooma ports the number, or should I cancel that service now and use Ooma's caller id? Thanks in advance
#23614 by Groundhound
Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:20 pm
Yes, once your number is ported you will see inbound callerID on the phone connected to your hub. Hopefully, you did not integrate your landline with the hub when you activated, otherwise you'll have to get Customer Service to remove that integration before your port is complete.
#23630 by dajudem
Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:54 pm
Thanks groundhog, that is very clear. Not too clear on what you mean by "integrating my landline with my hub"? How would I know if I did that or not?
#23649 by murphy
Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:27 am
dajudem wrote:Thanks groundhog, that is very clear. Not too clear on what you mean by "integrating my landline with my hub"? How would I know if I did that or not?

If you did that, you would not have been issued a temporary number and you would have to connect the wall port of the unit to your existing land line for the unit to work.