Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#23544 by jdoggy
Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:22 pm
I noticed that the new TOS says that the "Ooma Hub Only Product at Costco" are subject to the new regulatory fee, what about Hub only systems purchased at other places? I purchased a refurbished Hub last month from Fry's and was wondering what category it falls under. Thanks in advance!
#23554 by jdoggy
Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:39 pm
Groundhound wrote:https://www.ooma.com/blog/2009/10/02/how-oomas-terms-conditions-affect-current-new-ooma-customers/

Thanks Groundhound,

So it looks like the new TOS fee is only for Hub only systems purchased at Costco. It just seemed kind of strange to me that they would charge a fee for the Hub only system sold through Costco, but not for the Hub only systems purchased at other locations.
#23571 by Groundhound
Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:11 pm
jdoggy wrote:So it looks like the new TOS fee is only for Hub only systems purchased at Costco. It just seemed kind of strange to me that they would charge a fee for the Hub only system sold through Costco, but not for the Hub only systems purchased at other locations.

I think that's because the Costco Hub only packages were sold with the fee described in/on the package.
#23591 by jdoggy
Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:20 pm
Groundhound wrote:
jdoggy wrote:So it looks like the new TOS fee is only for Hub only systems purchased at Costco. It just seemed kind of strange to me that they would charge a fee for the Hub only system sold through Costco, but not for the Hub only systems purchased at other locations.

I think that's because the Costco Hub only packages were sold with the fee described in/on the package.

Ahh, that explains it. Thanks again!