Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#38418 by chiefjim
Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:45 am
I went to renew online and found this disclaimer "* Premier Lifetime is a one-time charge of $350.00. It includes Premier service for the life of the Ooma Hub device.

So if I read this correctly if the hub craps out in two months, tough luck. The extension applies to the device not the account.

Did I miss something?
#38424 by MikeekiM
Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:06 am
Premier Lifetime extends your hardware warranty from 1 year to 3 years.

So if you purchase Premier Lifetime, you are guaranteed 3 years of service...
#38473 by EchoTony
Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:47 pm
roar wrote:Same here, I'd like to extend (been trying it ever since I got the e-mail), but I guess they don't want me to as I also get this error message every single time. What gives?????

Do they (Ooma reps/tech) monitor this forum?

Check your credit card on file. I had an issue, and after noticing the credit card on file had expired, I updated the information and it went through.
#38548 by MikeekiM
Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:35 pm
chiefjim wrote:
MikeekiM wrote:Premier Lifetime extends your hardware warranty from 1 year to 3 years.

Doesn't match their quoted statement.

Fair enough...

However, keep in mind that the statement you are quoting is a simplified footnote on a web form, and is not the full terms and conditions of the service... Granted, I must admit... a link to the full Ts & Cs should be included on the form somewhere...
#38555 by matchlessme
Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:55 am
I am ready to cough up the $99. but I am so choking on the lack of support from Ooma--this is a copy of the email I sent to Ooma on-line today:
The call TIMES listed indicate an 8 hour error. For example, a call received at 12 noon would be shown as received at 8 pm --that is eight hours LATER THAN THE ACTUAL TIME.

PLEASE HELP ME! I want to sign-up for another year
of Premier but I hesitate to do so since: (1.) I cannot get the Scout to work at all---and (2)I cannot get the time-of-day corrected---(3) All the calls to Ooma are now directed to the voicemail --without ringing and without call-screening. (4) I cannot get the silly caller-ID:"IQ Elift" removed as my Caller-ID from my 916-473-5438 which is my exclusive Ooma number.

I have intended to cancel my ATT account (916)485-8227--and use that number for my Ooma as soon as I can trust Ooma to be usable and reliable.

I cannot get any way to make outgoing calls from the existing Ooma number--(916) 473-5438---and since it shows that silly caller-ID,(I put it in as a joke but it makes no sense--yet I cannot change it so I cannot use it anyway.

I have tried for several months to get these problems addressed but they remain a problem.

I need help. I want to port my ATT number (916-485-8227) as my default Ooma number. I am ready and
willing to do whatever it takes but I need to be sure that I can get help from Ooma. Can anyone help me figure out what to do??
#38576 by allo
Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:47 am
matchlessme wrote:I am ready to cough up the $99. but I am so choking on the lack of support from Ooma--this is a copy of the email I sent to Ooma on-line today:
The call TIMES listed indicate an 8 hour error. For example, a call received at 12 noon would be shown as received at 8 pm --that is eight hours LATER THAN THE ACTUAL TIME.

PLEASE HELP ME! I want to sign-up for another year
of Premier but I hesitate to do so since: (1.) I cannot get the Scout to work at all---and (2)I cannot get the time-of-day corrected---(3) All the calls to Ooma are now directed to the voicemail --without ringing and without call-screening. (4) I cannot get the silly caller-ID:"IQ Elift" removed as my Caller-ID from my 916-473-5438 which is my exclusive Ooma number.

I have intended to cancel my ATT account (916)485-8227--and use that number for my Ooma as soon as I can trust Ooma to be usable and reliable.

I cannot get any way to make outgoing calls from the existing Ooma number--(916) 473-5438---and since it shows that silly caller-ID,(I put it in as a joke but it makes no sense--yet I cannot change it so I cannot use it anyway.

I have tried for several months to get these problems addressed but they remain a problem.

I need help. I want to port my ATT number (916-485-8227) as my default Ooma number. I am ready and
willing to do whatever it takes but I need to be sure that I can get help from Ooma. Can anyone help me figure out what to do??

I don't think it is a very good idea to publish one's phone number on this Forum, any Forum!

#38592 by kenra
Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:25 pm
MikeekiM wrote:
chiefjim wrote:
MikeekiM wrote:Premier Lifetime extends your hardware warranty from 1 year to 3 years.

Doesn't match their quoted statement.

Fair enough...

However, keep in mind that the statement you are quoting is a simplified footnote on a web form, and is not the full terms and conditions of the service... Granted, I must admit... a link to the full Ts & Cs should be included on the form somewhere...

I just ordered lifetime premier through Gina in Ooma sales. She stated that my lifetime subscription starts November 2010 when my current subscription ends. The 3 year hardware warranty STARTS when my original 1 year warranty ends (May 2010). Also, the account is billed immediately, NOT at the end of the current subscription (as reported in an earlier post).
Unless Ooma goes belly up, I will break even with my total Ooma package in 16 months. I am a happy Ooma customer.
#38600 by MikeekiM
Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:13 pm
kenra wrote:I just ordered lifetime premier through Gina in Ooma sales. She stated that my lifetime subscription starts November 2010 when my current subscription ends. The 3 year hardware warranty STARTS when my original 1 year warranty ends (May 2010). Also, the account is billed immediately, NOT at the end of the current subscription (as reported in an earlier post).
Unless Ooma goes belly up, I will break even with my total Ooma package in 16 months. I am a happy Ooma customer.

Wow...so wait a minute... With the 1 year standard warranty, that means that the 3 year warranty is an EXTENSION to this original warranty? Which means that most people will have a 4 year warranty as a result?
#38603 by allo
Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:29 pm
I just ordered lifetime premier through Gina in Ooma sales. She stated that my lifetime subscription starts November 2010 when my current subscription ends. The 3 year hardware warranty STARTS when my original 1 year warranty ends (May 2010). Also, the account is billed immediately, NOT at the end of the current subscription (as reported in an earlier post).

I wish someone in charge will post something officially regarding this issue once and for all, preferably with Premier Highlights!

https://www.ooma.com/premier

and to acknowledge that there is such a thing as LIFETIME PREMIER with all the rules and price and warranty!
Here it appears we have a blind leading the blind!

I hope there is someone in charge, to get this act straightened out?