Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#23437 by Dennis P
Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:40 pm
Thanks for noting one of the old FAQ's, they are being updated right now. The rates page was updated yesterday.
#23538 by wayneh
Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:13 pm
Oh, so someone from Ooma does see these forums - Good!

Perhaps you can answer my questions then -

1) Does the Hub/Scout come with voice mail included in the cost?
2) Does Telo come with voice mail included in the cost?
3) Why do you not spell out clearly what all the costs are? Perhaps a single list? Or chart?
4) Why are you changing from having some of these services included to having them in a paid for bundle,
just like you competition does? I thought you wanted to distinguish yourselves from them, not emulate them?
5) Will you be phasing out the Hub because of the more profitable Telo?

6) Please confirm or correct the following - I have two phone lines (two distinct numbers) now that I would change to Ooma:
The Cost for Telo is:
Device: $250.00 (plus tax and/or shipping) The device can handle two distinct phone number/lines - right?
Port a second number: $40.00
Annual taxes/fees: $12.00 (for now)
Premier (required to get voice mail and second line, includes 1 # port): $120.00 Annually (for now)
Total = $422.00 upfront, $132.00 annually (for now)

Thanks.
Last edited by wayneh on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#23668 by wayneh
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:31 am
Sounds like next year the Premier service will go up in price, they'll charge for a second line, they'll probably add another tier above Premier and move voice mail into it so you have to pay even more. I'll bet they also drop support for the Hub and force users to buy whatever device is next, and they'll add a monthly fee for regular phone service.

These guys should just change their name to AT&T or Comcast and get it over with.
#23674 by hpepper
Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:41 am
wayneh wrote:Sounds like next year the Premier service will go up in price, they'll charge for a second line, they'll probably add another tier above Premier and move voice mail into it so you have to pay even more. I'll bet they also drop support for the Hub and force users to buy whatever device is next, and they'll add a monthly fee for regular phone service.

These guys should just change their name to AT&T or Comcast and get it over with.

I don't think that is the case at all. They have to stay an affordable option or people will go to the other VOIP choices out there. Right now, they are trying different models as they have an all new product. I am confident they will stay afforadable and a money saving alternative in the long run.
#23710 by WayneDsr
Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:17 am
hpepper wrote:
wayneh wrote:Sounds like next year the Premier service will go up in price, they'll charge for a second line, they'll probably add another tier above Premier and move voice mail into it so you have to pay even more. I'll bet they also drop support for the Hub and force users to buy whatever device is next, and they'll add a monthly fee for regular phone service.

I don't think that is the case at all. They have to stay an affordable option or people will go to the other VOIP choices out there. Right now, they are trying different models as they have an all new product. I am confident they will stay afforadable and a money saving alternative in the long run.

As hpepper says, I don't think ooma as company will do that. I've been with ooma for almost a year and this is the first price change I've seen. It happend at a very bad time, with the issue of a new model and a new website. If the new price structure was announced before the Telo was released we all would have had a better understanding of what was changing and to whom.
Sending out a new TOS on the eve of a new product release was a terrible idea.
If ooma is to survive in this fast changing world they have to make money some how. In the long run, ooma will be the best choice for a dial tone with the quality you'd expect from a top provider.

Wayne