Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#23572 by weakticket
Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:19 pm
No i can't seem to find anything else, but it looks like most Netgear modem/routers have QoS built-in.
#23574 by Groundhound
Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:23 pm
weakticket wrote:No i can't seem to find anything else, but it looks like most Netgear modem/routers have QoS built-in.
I would think so, but you probably need to access the configuration for the QoS so it can give network traffic priority to the Telo.
#23847 by ggilman
Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:25 pm
weakticket wrote:That's the problem. There is no place to adjust this setting.

Why don't you just put the ooma in front of your router? Then it can control QoS.
#23852 by daet
Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:45 pm
ggilman wrote:
weakticket wrote:That's the problem. There is no place to adjust this setting.

Why don't you just put the ooma in front of your router? Then it can control QoS.

That can't be done. "weaticket" has an integrated cable modem / router. So unless she/he shells out for a new cable modem and router ......

DG
#23853 by ggilman
Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:50 pm
daet wrote:That can't be done. "weaticket" has an integrated cable modem / router. So unless she/he shells out for a new cable modem and router ......

DG

Yes, my mistake. I looked at the router posted earlier & it looked exactly like the one I used a while back, just a plain wireless router. Re-reading, it's not the same & does have the modem built in.
#23919 by jimjr
Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:28 am
Groundhound wrote:
weakticket wrote:No i can't seem to find anything else, but it looks like most Netgear modem/routers have QoS built-in.
I would think so, but you probably need to access the configuration for the QoS so it can give network traffic priority to the Telo.

Netgear's on-site manual for the CG814M, which I think is similar, does not have configurable QoS. So, you're out of luck on that front. The QoS that is there is non-configurable and affects only wireless clients. My Belkin N+ has the same limitation.

Have you tried putting the Telo's WAN IP address into the router's DMZ? That will at least get it out in front of the router's firewall. Also, consider defeating all of the Telo's QoS functions. Probably won't make a difference, since you probably do not have any wired clients behind the Telo, but it won't hurt to configure the Telo to make it think that it has unlimited bandwidth.

One final thought. Ditch the splitter and use the fax's internal splitter and see how that works. Run a phone cable directly from the Telo to the fax's line in. Then run another phone cable from the fax line out to the telephone handset.

I'm not sure how this all will work for the Telo, but it has worked well with my hub.