Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#23234 by ggilman
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:55 am
weakticket wrote:As far as QoS I am still trying to find that setting?

Is your telo set up before or after your router? If it is between your modem & router, QoS settings are managed in the telo device. Go to setup.ooma.com from a PC on the network.

If your telo is behind your router, the router needs to be able to configure QoS. Most newer routers can but not all do. Go to your router's settings to make the change.

If you still have difficulty finding, Post your configuration (before/after router) and we'll try to help.
#23238 by daet
Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:05 am
I can send faxes using the Telo. My Telo is after the router, and my fax machine is a Brother MFC 7820N. My router does QoS for the Telo (500 kbps up/down). I do use *99P (pause) as a dialing prefix. I've sent up to 6 page faxes.

There may be an issue with receiving faxes through Telo, as I am unable to receive faxes.

If you're using HP's fax test service, then a successful send is confirmed by their responding with a fax sent to you.

There is another test to see if sending faxes works. Send a fax to 1-510-545-0990, and after a couple minutes point your browser to FaxToy. If you see a scan of your fax, then you know that at least sending works.

Also, although not recommended, I can send faxes at both standard and fine resolutions (which I think translate into 200x100 dpi and 200x200 dpi for my machine).

Hope this helps,
DG
#23507 by weakticket
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:16 pm
Currently the Telo is plugged into the router. I am running a Netgear CG814GCMR (http://www.netgear.com/Products/RoutersandGateways/WirelessGRouters/CG814GCMR.aspx) as the modem/router/wireless and I am not seeing any settings for QoS.

I have been testing the lowering baud rate, 1 - 3 - 6 page faxes with no luck. I am seeing the same recurring problem with after 1 page is queued to send it drops the line.

I am really hoping this will be a good solution for my needs but haven't found a fix yet.
#23520 by murphy
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:37 pm
Are you preceding the number that you are dialing with *99 Pause and lowering the baud rate to 9600?
#23522 by weakticket
Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:39 pm
Yes it has been lowered to 9600 baud rate through the fax machine and we are using the dial *99 (Pause).
#23552 by Groundhound
Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:32 pm
That's a two page cut sheet brochure. Is there a more complete manual that describes the user interface and what user configurable settings are available?