Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#42417 by Nancyg0919
Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:05 pm
I am a new Ooma customer. I have the Telo and I am using the telephone handsets that I have had for years. You don't need to buy the Ooma handset.

I also don't know if you are correct about needing the Premier Service to get voicemail and caller ID. I understood it to be free. Can anyone help with that?
#42434 by amoney
Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:27 pm
Nancyg0919 wrote:I am a new Ooma customer. I have the Telo and I am using the telephone handsets that I have had for years. You don't need to buy the Ooma handset.

I also don't know if you are correct about needing the Premier Service to get voicemail and caller ID. I understood it to be free. Can anyone help with that?

New Ooma customers get basic voicemail and basic caller ID (number only). Premier gets you additional VM features, and caller ID with name.

Note if you program your address book with a name to match a number you will see the name associated with the number. Just like cell phones do. Boy was I dissapointed when I found out cell phones did not get the name automatically.

Note also new Ooma customers have a once a year FCC fee of 12 bucks (hey its better than ATT gouging you every month).

Premier also gets other features such as talking to the much loved phone support.

;-)
#44437 by davidm
Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:40 pm
allo wrote:
dchoe wrote:and now it looks like amazon is selling the telo for $189.99 shipped.. should've held out

amazon's price history for the telo

Such low prices so soon at both Costco and Amazon means one of 2 things: they either have a huge stock (they over ordered) ... or I am afraid, that the Telo is not selling all that well. Notice also that the Hub/Scout is priced at $215 at Amazon and not carried anymore by Costco!

The Telo looks stylish to some, but it reminds some of the new Linksys Routers look... it could be that they are manufactured by the same company.

OT: I have noticed that one of the two MAC addresses my telo uses is for Linksys (The other is registered as Ooma).
#44443 by Groundhound
Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:02 pm
davidm wrote:OT: I have noticed that one of the two MAC addresses my telo uses is for Linksys (The other is registered as Ooma).

I'm guessing your Ooma's Modem Port MAC address is set to "Automatic", in which case it may be using the one it got from your router. Most of us recommend setting that address to "Use Built in".
#44444 by murphy
Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:03 pm
davidm wrote:OT: I have noticed that one of the two MAC addresses my telo uses is for Linksys (The other is registered as Ooma).

It's spoofing your Linksys router's MAC address.
Click the radio button for "Use built in MAC address" and then click update.
Power cycle your modem and ooma.
#44495 by amoney
Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:38 pm
dchoe wrote:and now it looks like amazon is selling the telo for $189.99 shipped.. should've held out

amazon's price history for the telo

I cant understand that chart, Dec 15, 2009 it shows Amazon price 199.00 and a low price of 183.99. Is the low price another reseller, that would mean additioanl shipping charges etc. The Dec 1 shows Amazon price 189.99, I actually paid 3 days earlier 199.00, I still at this moment can request a credit from Amazon for the Difference but 10 bucks, I wont sweat it. Amazon once credited me over 100.00 on another product price dropped. Amazon CS is simply outstanding.

allo wrote:
Such low prices so soon at both Costco and Amazon means one of 2 things: they either have a huge stock (they over ordered) ... or I am afraid, that the Telo is not selling all that well. Notice also that the Hub/Scout is priced at $215 at Amazon and not carried anymore by Costco!

The Telo looks stylish to some, but it reminds some of the new Linksys Routers look... it could be that they are manufactured by the same company.

It may resemble abit, but no comparison. With all the criticism of Linksys (now Cisco), I wish the Telo had the quality of Linksys router.
#86371 by rakesh15
Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:49 pm
Folks:

Got a very good deal.

147 dollars for a Brand new ooma hub, s/h included ( ooma classic white piece ) - Not sure if scout is there or not.
But its a brand new factory sealed white classic hub

( can someone tell me,that ooma makes brand new factory packages without scouts and just hubs, or not. )

They still have it 1-2 left. ( a reputed retailer )

Boy, I am happy for this good deal. ( this is my second ooma, I alreday have one classic ooma )
#86374 by murphy
Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:18 am
Hubs were sold by themselves and in a combo package with one Scout. They were replaced by the Telo products around September 2009. They have been out of production for a long time.
#97642 by snowcrashed
Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:12 pm
You can also get $50 off through this Friends and Family link if the other is not working.
http://go.ooma.com/referral//?referral_code=GUW9855

Just wondering, but can a person use this link to get $50 off the purchase price and then also use the $40 rebate Ooma is offering on the main page? I'm trying to get my girlfriend a good deal on it like I did when I ordered mine and I missed out on the Groupon deal a week or so ago!

Didn't know if the $50 off though could be combined with the other rebate or not? I know through the friend referral page it says the offer can't be combined but no where on the link page does it say anything about not being able to combine it. Wasn't sure if anybody has done this or not.

Thanks