Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#35196 by oomg
Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:50 am
rakesh15 wrote:Infact, I am waiting for a good THX giving deals on ooma.

Just keep an eye on all web sites that I listed in my previous long post for a better deal.

It's official (well, not really official, but sincere)... THX.

Now this looks like a great deal from costco.com...Bonus Premier Service and $100 international calling brings the final cost down to approximately $90.

$229.99 after $100 OFF Ooma Telo VoIP Phone System Free US Calling No Monthly Fee Enlarge
$229.99 after $100 OFF
Ooma Telo VoIP Phone System
Free US Calling
No Monthly Fee
Bonus 6-Months Premier Service
$100 International Calling Credit
Item # 467682

$229.99 Shipping & Handling included *

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.as ... pnav=&s=1#
#35357 by allo
Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:23 pm
dchoe wrote:and now it looks like amazon is selling the telo for $189.99 shipped.. should've held out

amazon's price history for the telo

Such low prices so soon at both Costco and Amazon means one of 2 things: they either have a huge stock (they over ordered) ... or I am afraid, that the Telo is not selling all that well. Notice also that the Hub/Scout is priced at $215 at Amazon and not carried anymore by Costco!

The Telo looks stylish to some, but it reminds some of the new Linksys Routers look... it could be that they are manufactured by the same company.
Last edited by allo on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#35362 by Groundhound
Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:42 pm
The % discount is in line with other products in the VoIP > Phones category at Amazon, where Telo still ranks Number 1 out of 100 products (been at that position for some time): http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/1086954/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_e_1_5_last. I suspect the discounts have something to do with the time of year and economy as a whole. We are, after all, just one day past "Cyber Monday".
#35380 by allo
Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:18 pm
Groundhound wrote:... I suspect the discounts have something to do with the time of year and economy as a whole. We are, after all, just one day past "Cyber Monday".

I hope you are right... but we usually had to wait until after Xmas or the New Year to see pricing like this!
#42403 by Nancyg0919
Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:40 pm
I know this topic was started before Christmas, but if anyone is interested where the Ooma Telo is on sale today, January 18th, it is currently $199.00 at Best Buy. You can get it on sale in the stores or online. I believe the sale ends this Saturday.
#42412 by caseybea
Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:41 pm
As a heads up, people *CAN* still get NEW Ooma cores too (hub+scout combo). If you're looking for just to replace your landline connection with ooma- and re-use your existing phones, an ooma core MAY be the way to go. For example, not everyone may want ooma's cordless handsets. It's important to note that the ooma core includes caller-id (PLUS NAME), as well as NO yearly 'regulartory' fees like the Telo has. If you get a Telo, you need the PREMIUM subscription service for the caller-id plus name.

The core was $214 at Amazon when I bought it 2 weeks ago- I see now it's up to $224.

* There has been much discussion (no confirmation) on Google-Voice-Extensions for Ooma. Rumor has it that may only be for the telo.

* Make sure when you buy a unit (Telo OR core), that you buy it new. Unless you find an INCREDIBLE deal, beware re-activation of used ooma units costs $60 I believe.