Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#22458 by skip314
Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:26 am
I just installed ooma last week. Initially, my incoming caller ID was working fine and now it is not. Callers that used to show up (like my cell phone) are no longer showing up. Could it be that my old landline company was supplying my incoming caller ID and when I cancelled that, it no longer shows up? Do we have to activate caller ID with ooma? I assumed that feature would work automatically.

Any ideas?
#22460 by bryanlyle
Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:37 am
It should work automatically unless you have integrated your landline into your Ooma setup. In that configuration, you have to keep caller id service from your telephone company. All incoming calls come in through the landline.

If you are using Ooma for both incoming and outgoing calls, let us know what kind of phones you are using.

Welcome to Ooma!
#22470 by skip314
Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 am
That's it. I have the integrated landline. Bummer. AT&T charges me $10/mo for caller ID. I kept the landline for my security system, directv, and a ceiva frame. Can I set it up so my landline just goes to those devices and not integrate it with ooma? I'm currently in the process of porting my old number over.

Thanks for the quick reply!
#22481 by murphy
Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:48 am
If you are porting your land line number to ooma, the land line will be canceled when the port is complete. Do you have 2 land lines?