Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#21970 by Nubby
Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:45 am
Can anyone help me? I hooked up ooma last night and now I cant recieved or send email from outlook. I called support and we added a IP address to DMZ. He said he would call back to see if it worked. And of course it didnt and he didnt call back. I called support again and it appears they disabled the option buttons.
#21974 by murphy
Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:53 am
Do you have a cable modem? If so, did you power cycle (turn off for 30 seconds, then turn back on) the cable modem after you hooked the ooma hub to it?
#21983 by Nubby
Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:37 am
I did. I reconnected the LAN straight to the computer and recieved my emails. Then reconnected thru ooma and no more emails. I also found out the email works thru ooma until I use the phone then it stops.
#21985 by WayneDsr
Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:40 am
Are you using an older cordless phone with a wireless router.
If so, try connecting a wired phone and test again.

Also make sure your router isn't assigning ooma a duplicate ip address on the network.

Wayne
#22038 by Nubby
Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:51 pm
Thanks Wayne. I am not wireless. I kept messing with the Outlook and had to change the verbage for the incoming and outgoing mailserver. Added POP.roadrunner.com and SMTP.roadrunner.com and everything works great.
Thanks for everyones input.