Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#1168 by mroofus
Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:29 pm
I recently purchased Ooma and I'm using a number supplied by Ooma at the moment until I'm ready to port my number over. I currently have my other service configured to forward all incoming calls to the Ooma number. When a someone calls the non-Ooma number, the call gets forwarded to the Ooma number, my phone rings, but the caller does not here a ring on the line. They just hear dead silence until I pick up the phone.

I tried configuring my other service to forward to my cell phone and did not get this same behavior -- the caller was able to hear a ring in this case.

What could be causing this and is there a way to resolve this issue?
#1172 by Bobby B
Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:31 pm
Hi mroofus,

Call forwarding to an ooma number should work -- I gave it a try with a test vonage line. What service are you using for your call forwarding?

Thanks,
Bobby
#1173 by mroofus
Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:35 pm
Thanks for the reply Bobby B.

I'm using Comcast digital voice. I configured my account to forward all calls to the Ooma number that I was provided. Like I said, this worked fine when forwarding calls from Comcast to my cell phone; but when forwarding from Comcast to the Ooma number, the caller does not hear the ring.