Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
#21358 by terrio00
Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:18 pm
Wondering if anyone has experienced this: Every time I pick up my handset, the ooma hub begins a recycle, like it was just unplugged and plugged back in. The Ooma worked fine for 9 months and all of a sudden this problem has developed. Nothing has changed on my end. My setup is cable modem >Ooma>wireless router. Things I've tried:
1) placed Ooma after wireless router
2) Reset modem, ooma, router
3) hard reset of Ooma (hold ooma tab while powering on)

I've tried customer support (OMG, pray to whatever god you believe in that you never have to!!) and was walked through all troubleshooting steps, 3 times!!! They promise that they will make notes for tech support and to wait 72 hours. (its been 8 days now). If this is truly a hardware problem, which I believe it is, does anyone here know the number or email of a stateside human that can fast track the replacement of my hub? I'm within my warranty period.. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
#21373 by WayneDsr
Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:36 pm
Are you using an old cordless phone? DECT 6 phones work well with a wireless internet, but sometimes the old cordless phones work for awhile then change channels and suddenly take the internet down.

You might want to try a different phone (corded) for a test.

Wayne
#21381 by WayneDsr
Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:54 pm
Disconnect your phone.
Press PLAY on the ooma hub.
Can you listen to voicemail?
If so, you can connect to the ooma servers. Make sure you're plugging the phone into the PHONE port of ooma. Try using a different phone cable.

Wayne
#21437 by terrio00
Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:35 pm
I can hear voicemail from the ooma hub but 3 different phones and 3 different phone cords plugged into the phone port give the same results, the hub resets when I pick up the phone.
#21461 by terrio00
Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:36 am
I brought the Hub to work and it works fine. It must be my modem although I hane not changed anything recently. I wonder if comcast did anything on their end like new firmware. I have a linksys cm100 modem. Anyone have any suggestions?
#21468 by niknak
Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:09 am
...I wonder if comcast did anything on their end like new firmware...?

it's possible they did...mnake sure the hub is set to use its built-in mac address - not automatic, the cable modem could be looking at the wrong mac address
#21785 by terrio00
Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:11 pm
Figured it out. If anyone is having problems with ooma disconnecting or powering down/powering up constantly, check your power adapter. I use a 12v power distributer in a leviton structured media center. Basically it is one AC adapter that plugs into a wall socket and then all my electronics plug into that (modem,router,ooma,cable amp, ect) Anyway, the AC adapter to the power distributer must have gone bad. I replaced it and everything is working now. By the way, if you are sick of dealing with the United Nations customer support center, call this number for American (California) tech support: 1 408 490 1437